Do you think it is okay if a guy or even a girl trys to control what you can and can't do?

For example, he doesn't like when I post certain kinds of pictures. Like I can't show my legs. I can't show any cleveage. Or anything thing he thinks will "attract" other ment to me. Then always seems try to manipulate me into sex. He's just controlling in general. He has never hurt me physically or anything like that... But i don't like how he thinks he owns. He will say its just him being territorial.

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on what it is. If it's a bad habit like smoking or drinking too much too often, then I'd say that yes, the other person is well within their rights to say how they feel. The thing is though that if the issues are very significant and they've been discussed time and time again, someone will have to make a choice sooner or later.

That said, looking at your situation, he seems to be treating you more like property than respecting you as a person. Some of these things are reasonable concerns, like your style of dress (if, for example, it's too revealing or provocative), then he has some grounds, but if it's over insignificant things like pictures you post on Facebook, it's kind of ridiculous. Personally, I think you'd be better off moving on.

Most Helpful Girl

• No. Huge red flag. He can try to justify it all he wants, but that kind of behavior is inexcusable. There are loads of way better guys out there, so don't get caught up with this one. Run!

What Guys Said 3

• Controlling behaviour and manipulation isn't OK in either sex

• It's not OK. Forget about trying to change him. Get the hell out of there.

• Its ok to be a little bit controlling, just shows that he cares but he's just being a bitch honestly.

What Girls Said 0