Why don't girls just say they aren't interested? Instead of lets be friends?

Lets be friends so I can slowly just stop texting you and waste your time.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because saying "let's just be friends" feels like it's nicer than being blunt. I personally think being honest and direct about it is better (which means I won't pretend I want to be friends if I don't), but that's why.

Also, maybe they did want to be friends, but they ended up feeling more awkward about the confession than they thought they would, so they drift away even though the intent was there. Just a possibility.

Most Helpful Guy

• Women instinctively don't like high level risk taking. Rejecting and asking out men is taking a risk.

Women that naturally fight their instincts are more honest and blunt about things.

What Girls Said 3

• Because women are typically conditioned to be more passive and mindful of the feelings of others, especially men; I was told countless times growing up that you HAVE to be as gentle as possible when rejecting a guy to spare their ego, be that by giving them the "Let's be friends" bull or by making it all about how I'm actually the issue. It's social conditioning really.

Personally I'm upfront because my dad ended up teaching me different later on in life.

• The only time I said that was because this guy was scaring me.

He wouldn't walk away, and just kept on asking me to add him on my friendlist.

• Tell them.

What Guys Said 0