I have Trichotillomania, will a guy accept that flaw?

It's a disorder that makes me have this urge to pull my hair out in certain places on my head. It can't be cured, and there is no medication or magic wand that will make it stops. I can go months without pulling or months pulling. Please let me know if most guys will be turned off my this. It can be hidden by a wide headband, scarf or anything really. Give me your honest opinions. Don't be shy.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're otherwise cute with a decent personality, I wouldn't really care.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have trichotillomania, except I pull away from everywhere BUT my head or face. I told my boyfriend (it isn't physically noticeable on me entirely.. I mean, the bare arms and legs and finger ands hands and armpits and everywhere else seem to be less noticeable.. And he truly didn't care when I told him. The pure ACT of it did not repulse him, however, I can't say for sure if it did take away from my looks and a lot of my time (if I spent hours a day doing it -- I don't) if he would have answered the same. It all depends on the person. BUT, I think your first step is to try to suppress this behavior so you don't feel as guilty about it. Also, I don't know if you eat the hair follicles like some do, but that can lead to health issues that are more concerning than a man's opinion.

Side note- I found I can't pluck my hairs on my head when I have long nails (I get acrylic fake nails) and I have not plucked a hair since... I still get urges and pull out the tweezers but it has decreased a lot. It is a habit so it can be helped! I truly wish you the best. It sucks yet it's a relief when you do pull... So I know the feeling. But I don't think you should be ashamed at all. I'm not, and I think it's just something that makes you you. And any guy who truly cares about you will not give a hoot either. Best of luck.

What Guys Said 5

• I truly believe there's someone for everyone

• Didn't know that was a vote. Sorry

• No cause that can damage your hair roots and that will cause it to never grow again and I am bald too and wouldn't want to increase my chances of having a bald baby even more i know what you have is a mental disorder and I feel for you cause I am bald but sorry no i would not.

• It's not a mental disorder... it's an ICD... impulse control disorder.

• No damage at all. If I pulled every day than yes I would have damage.

• I would go see a therapist they can help this kind of reminds me of that one disorder called pica where people have an urge to eat dirt www.webmd.com/mental-health/mental-health-pica

• I think that yeah, most guys will be turned off by it. That does not mean that all guys will. Hell, I say you shave your head and rock the bald chick look.

• Depends how bad it looks, if its clearly noticeable then its pretty bad.

• You'll find one, especially if you have enough other good qualities to "make up for" that thing that you can't help...

What Girls Said 1

• I believe it depends on how severe it is.