Pretty bad to be living @ home at 22?

I go university next year but I feel like a child because I still live at home.. Too embarassed to tell anyone I still live with mommy and daddy.

• It's fine
  • It's a bit old.

Most Helpful Girl

• Living at home, no ambitions, no goals, and mooching is bad at any age over 18, but if you're living at home trying to save money, finish school etc, and your parents are understanding of that, then what's the problem. If the alternative is you live on the streets, then which is more embarrassing to you? You are lucky in that you probably don't have to struggle as much as your friends who have to pay for everything. As weird as it may sound, cherish this, because it won't last forever. Plus if your friends are your friends, then they will understand!

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 25 and counting. -.-; Though, I've had it somewhat rough. Drug addiction, bipolar. No money for college. They say people who do drugs for X amount of years' maturation is delayed. So, I'm more like 19... That's my justification, anyway. Makes it difficult to really establish myself outside the nest. And with the economy fuck-up, it's more common than not. Mix in a seething hatred of corporate America and capitalism, and you've got yourself a rebel without a cause.

Besides. Moving out too soon, and you'll just waste a bunch of money and end up having to go back. I won't leave until I'm making at least 30k a year. I tried moving out while making 15-20k a year, with a roommate. It was unpleasant. I'd much rather have some good money stashed back and have a higher quality of living while at home than barely get by on the outside. And besides, my mom needs me.

What Girls Said 8

• I live at home with my mom and I'm 27. Now granted I have lived on my own for awhile, things happened in my life and I ended up back here. I feel like as long as you aren't mooching off your parents and are actually working towards your goals, then it's fine. It's certainly a way to save.

• That's insanely common these days, especially with the typical student loan debt load most university graduates face.

• I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I'll probably live at home until I get married... or hit 40... whichever comes first...

• i think its fine.. no need to worry

• its actually becoming much more common nowadays, with expenses for living going up, especially house/ apartment cost.

• Unfortunately, it's really hard to get out of our parent's house in this economy. I'm 22 now, and I only moved out a year ago. And only because the family friend I'm rooming with charges me a very low rent price.

• i wouldn't worry about it
    it's a pretty common situation nowadays
    as long as you're working towards something, it shouldn't stand in your way

• it's very normal

What Guys Said 7

• "oh I'm sorry I can't hear you over the money I'm saving"
    I live alone now but if I were living with my parents and people were to chastise me for it , I'll be saying that.

• The means not to have nearly completely evaporated. It's more viable for those positions to live and work in South Korea. I only just got my own place this year. And with no wife or girlfriend to share it with, it can get really boring. On the same token, a breakdown from stress is something nobody has to witness. I can have my episode and move on.

• I'm in the same boat... I don't care if people chastise me.

1. I'm saving lots of money by commuting and living at home.

2. My room at home I'd waaay better than sharing a small dorm with some random person whom I may end up hating.

So far nobody has really given me a hard time about it.

• Like the hot Asian guy said and the only way it sounds bad to a woman is if you're just free loading and doing nothing with yourself

• That's a smart move; college is expensive. You need to save as much as you can.

• Are you in US? if so, do you live in one of the hellishly expensive cities (SF, NYC, Chicago too), if so you are totally ok, tons of people live at home even after college with solid jobs just bc its so expensive.

• Its smart you get to save a lot of money unless they make you pay rent lol