Should I tell him how I feel or just leave him alone?

So I guess you can say I dated this guy for a like two months. We went out a bunch of times and kissed but nothing beyond that. Anyway when the bf/gf conversation came up I told him that I just didn't want to be in a relationship right now. I'm in college and I work and I just wanted to focus on that. And don't get me wrong, I really like him. I'm not trying to date other guys or anything, I like this one. I'm just so focused on bettering myself, I wouldn't be able to give a relationship my all, which is what I want to be able to do when I do decide to pursue my first relationship. Anyway I told him that a couple months ago and I haven't been able to stop thinking about him. I literally think about him everyday. I don't try to text him or anything because I don't want to get in the way of him moving on. But lately I've been thinking maybe I was wrong by saying no. Should I tell him? Or what should I even tell him? Or should I just long for him from afar while he goes on with his life? I really think I hurt him and he might hate me. I don't know. I just know I never stopped liking him.

Most Helpful Girl

• I really don’t understand people who say that they are too busy for a relationship. I mean when you are going to get married, are you going to drop everything, quit your job and stop hanging out with your friends just so you could give all of yourself to that relationship? Of course not. In life you need to harmonize your career, your social life and your love life and not focused just on one, or else you might miss out on the others. Just like you did now. Anyway, I think you should start texting him or calling him, see what’s his situations, if he is seeing anyone, and then after a couple of days, meet up. Don’t just suddenly call him/text him and drop this bomb out of nowhere, especially if you haven’t talked in a while. But if he is seeing someone, then just leave it be and try to move on.

What Guys Said 1

• I always hear people say stuff like they need to focus on their life and can't be in a relationship. I always interpret that as unique to the person they are talking to, that it really is about the person they are considering and not their life situation. I just don't buy into that line of thinking cause there are a lot of really busy people out there that have good relationships. I say that b cause believe it or not you can have a good relationship and manage the things you are doing without compromising them. It just depends on you being disciplined about it and making sure he understands where you are in life and that he is ok with that. So, that being said, I'd say you should call him up and let him know. He may be a little put off at first because he took it as a personal rejection, but once he sees you are sincere he'll get over it. Worst case is he says no and things aren't any different than they are now, but at least you won't have to wonder what if.

What Girls Said 0