Would this be weird?

Over the summer, this kid and I worked together. He was really wonderful, nice, handsome, and just an overall great guy. We didn't really start anything though, because I was heading off to College, and I didn't want to start something I couldn't finish. However by the end of the summer, we were with each other constantly, hugging, messing with each other, teasing, arms around each other, just being close physically and emotionally. There were also times when we weren't talking because I told him I couldn't start anything because I was going off to College, and he stopped talking to me for like a week (that was before all the other stuff happened). The problem is this; I'm a Freshman in College, and he's a Junior in HighSchool. So even though he is all of those things/all those things happened, the fact that he's almost three years younger than me is a problem for me; as shallow as it sounds, it would bother me that I'd be the older one in the relationship. He still SnapChats me frequently, but I've been very on and off about answering them. I don't know what to do, like I'm half and half about this. What do you guys think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well... At your age I can see the social age gap, your being in college and him still in high school... I say if you're like him in into each other, it shouldn't matter... As long as he doesn't accuse you of statutory rape lol...
    But on the other hand, I can see you are in college now... There must be a lot of hot guys older than you, and more mature than your boyfriend... Perhaps this is something you want to pursue... But back to the other hand... Good lovin is hard to find, and 3 years is not a major gap in the big scheme.
    You have to consider your own feelings, you both are still growing into adulthood... And perhaps spreading your wings and allowing him to spread his wings, is not necessarily a bad thing...
    First and foremost, ask yourself... How do I feel? And does it feel right?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think 3 years is not that much, especially if you have reached your 20's. You seem to be interested in him. Give it a try, even if it fails, you will still learn some lessons from it.

What Guys Said 3

• Why are you denying yourself something you clearly want? It doesn't have to work. So what if it fails? At least, you will have tried. 3 years is not that bad. Once you reach your 20's, it doesn't even count anymore...

• Let me put it this way: My brother and sister-in-law a similar relationship, she was in college and he halfway through high school. They married when he turned 18 and they are the best couple I know.

• be clear to him.. thats all

What Girls Said 0