I'm in love with him but he says he's not ready for a relationship?

So this guy is practically my best friend and we've been through thick and thin together and we know each other extremely well. He asked me out over the summer and we dated for about a month but as soon as school started he got weird and wasn't talking to me as much and he said it was because he was stressed so I just left him be and a week later he asked if we could go back to being just friends for awhile and that he wasn't ready for a relationship anymore and that he was kinda scared to talk to me. He said we could try again once stress levels went down. So a few days ago I texted him asking if he wanted to hang out and maybe try again and he said that we should just be friends and that he isn't ready for a relationship right now. I asked if he still liked me and he said yes but that he wasn't confident enough to be with me. I'm in love with him and I think that if we try dating again and get past the gossiping people stage he'll be okay but I don't know what to do. Any advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• I see this "I'm not ready" excuse on here a lot. Its a code for I'm not interested, ever. These guys are to much of pussies to tell the truth

• Actually I'd know if he was lying about it to blow me off. I don't think that is the case here. He's been through a lot of things that makes him have trust issues so I think he's scared about getting hurt

• Nope, you're dreaming and if you ask him directly he'll just lie to you again

• Glad to know you know him as well as I do honey

Most Helpful Girl

• He's not interested in being with you. You should find someone else.

What Guys Said 1

• From what i'm seeing, it seems y'all are sort of like a friends with benefits during the summer, and when school starts back, he wanted to maybe be single again so he has more freedom of what to do. I'm not saying he wasn't stressed because of school, but there could be other things too. If he's not ready for a relationship, then there's no point in trying to push him into trying.

What Girls Said 0