When a guy takes long to text?

So there's this guy I like. And anytime we see each other I get the vibe that he likes me too. Whether it's staring at me across the room, or trying to stand by me, always laughing at my jokes. Yet, he won't be the first to text. And if he does text, it's mostly about work stuff. So I decided to be the first one to take initiative on that, but when I do text, he'll take forever to respond. And I find that weird because he's always on his phone whenever I see him.

Guys, how would you take that as?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, basically that's not right that a person takes forever to respond. Now there can be three things here,

1. He could be genuinely busy and he is not having enough time to think and respond appropriately.

2. By nature and his personality is such that he takes his own sweet time to respond, in that case I would say it's just disrespectful to the other person.

3. Now this point is connected point 1, sometimes or many times a person takes time to respond because they don't find the appropriate words to use and reply so it happens like that.

Point 1 and point 3 are fine, but if the guy by nature takes a long time like weeks or months to reply and is like that (personality), there are some people who do that, so you need to decide if you can continue conversing with such a person in the long run or not.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm in the exact same situation.
    I've heard it might be the guy playing hard to get (which I can't really understand). But I also don't understand because like your crush, he always has his phone on him.

What Guys Said 2

• He could actually be busy, or isn't that much of a texting person or the conversation could be boring orr he doesn't like you. Dont freak over texting he's at least responding

• Could just be how he is... personally, I respond my texts immediately. (If I'm free).

What Girls Said 1

• he could be "playing the game" and be into you
    or he could not be into you.