I like this guy but he seems to be avoiding me. My sister says I'm out of his league. Is he shy or just not interested?

I haven't been coming on too strong. To be honest, I'm not much of a flirt but I've been trying to show interest by finding ways to talk to him whenever I see him at a party. Usually I'll sit next to him and try to make conversation, but he always cuts the conversation short and usually gets up and leaves after a minute of two, or he'll find a way to interrupt the conversation. He doesn't even give me time to flirt with him.

For me that screams "not interested," but my sister is insisting that he just doesn't know I'm interested. She says that I'm intimidating, and that he probably finds it hard to believe that I would like him. Although, the number of times I've tried to initiate conversation with him shows glaring interest in my opinion. I even sound sad when he suddenly says he has to leave.

A little background info on him. He's not seeing anyone – I checked with one of our mutual friends. I would also agree with my sister when she says that I am out of his league (merely for the reason that I usually date guys who are physically more attractive than him). I've known him since high school although we were never close.

Even if he isn't attracted to me emotionally, I'm making it so easy for him that it's hard to believe that he wouldn't even try to sleep with me. He's hooked up with a friend of mine before so I know he is capable of having a casual hookup.

Can I get your thoughts? Help a girl out.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just outright ask him out. You'll never know otherwise.

• That sounds great in theory, but the odds are against me. He's already avoiding me and I don't want to be branded as a desperate, crazy girl... especially since we have a lot of friends in common.

• Asking him to hang out with you sometime is not desperate. If you kept chasing after him after he said no would be desperate. There are some guys that no matter how many hints you throw their way they won't pick up or act on them.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am sorry, but based on the things you shared, he is not very interested in you.

What Guys Said 3

• You're out of his league

• yeah maybe you are out of his leage whateve that means

• He's playing you

What Girls Said 2

• Just wanted to say that initiating conversation with a guy and 'sounding sad' doesn't show glaring interest whatsoever. Lots of girls just like to make converaation.

• It's more that I've tried to initiate conversation with him many times, not just a few times. He always finds a disrupt the conversation a few minutes in, yet I keep coming back and trying to talk to him. I feel stupid... even a friend noticed that I'm interested in him.

• i doubt he likes you if he's reluctant to talk to you even in person when you initiate it...