Do guys like short women who aren't slim?

I'm a shorter woman woman with a petite frame, but I've put on a bit of weight to the point that I'm in the unhealthy overweight bmi range. I've lost about 20 lbs so far but I have to lose about 15 more to be in the healthy bmi range. My goal is to just be healthy and happy.

Most of the weight is in my stomach and arms. I've been told I'm pretty, but I've not dated in a while and it's partly because I am self conscious about being naked in front of a guy, and the other part is that I've not been approached much. I know I'm insecure about it and I'm working on changing that.

My question is- is the reason I'm not being approached by men because of the extra weight, or my self conscious attitude about it or both?

Please be honest but kind.

Thanks. I'm 5 feet tall and about 136 lbs, so I don't think that's too big.

Most Helpful Guy

• a bit of weight is fine if you're healthy.

Most Helpful Girl

• If the weight is distributed well, some guys will still be interested in going out with you.

What Guys Said 3

• It most likely is the weight.

• The answer is, respectfully, no.

• No tall women who aren't slim would be better, short and chubby would make her look even more fat

What Girls Said 0