Should I ask him out?

So, there was this one guy who used to like me but I kind of blew it. At the time, I didn't realize that I liked him back so when he confessed, I didn't know how to respond. I did like spending time with him but I wasn't sure if it was in a romantic way or not. It's kind of embarrasing to admit it but when he told me he liked me, my oh so brilliant response was oh, really <facepalm> I honestly don't know what's worse for a guy, my response or being flat out rejected but anyways, after that he just started ignoring me completely. He doesn't even acknowledge me anymore and just acts like I don't exist when we run into each other. It was only when he started ignoring me that I realized how much I really like him and now I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to fix this? Do you think that asking him out is a good idea? I've never asked a guy out before and I'm kinda afraid to do it cause I'm not sure if he still likes me. Besides, it's been more than a month since we last talked but I can't stop thinking about him. It's driving me crazy. What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh so you want him now that he doesn't want you? Typical of anyone. You want what you can't have. Just be straightforward and tell him exactly what you're telling us. You liked spending time with him, but you weren't sure whether you wanted to date him when he asked, now you realized that you do want to date him. AND THEN ASK HIM OUT.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think there is much you can do. What's done is done.
    You can try apologizing to him and you can proceed to ask him out.
    However, the odds are slim since he probably still feels hurt due to being rejected.

• But I didn't actually reject him. It probably came across this way but it's not like I said I don't like you :(

• Yes, but that's what he thought.

What Guys Said 3

• Yes, absolutely. Ask him out.

• You must quickly tell him and see what he respond.

• yeah, you have to ask him out

What Girls Said 1

• I agree, tell him quick so he most likely still likes you, tell him exactly how you feel. Even that you're crazy about him, he'll be really flattered and probably still like you anyway.