A kiss on the first date?

Whenever I go on a first date there is a question that always pops in my mind: should I kiss him, as in a lip lock and not just a peck on the cheek, at the end of the date? Will he think I’m too easy if I do or will he think I’m a prude if I don’t?

So usually as the end of the date approaches, I tend to become quite awkward, not knowing how to act when it’s finally time to part.

My questions are: Girls, do you usually kiss him on the first date? And guys, do you expect a girl to kiss you on the first date? Is it maybe off-putting if she doesn’t? Do you usually take the initiative and try to kiss her or are you waiting for her to make the first move?

Most Helpful Guy

• It really depends on the girl and vibe of the couples.

Sometimes i hit it off right away with girls and sometimes it takes a little more time to feel comfortable. As far as "should i kiss or not" it's up to you.. if the two of you connect and you want a kiss... great. If you don't feel that but you want to continue dating...

" Hey i had a really good time, lets do something again" hug and ciao.

• What if the chemistry is only one sided? Like I feel a good vibe, but he doesn’t? Or the other way around? Won’t that make things more awkward?

• Well you're young.. there's going to be a lot of mis-cues from both sides of dating. Guys don't know what signals they're sending and girls don't either so.. you have two parties who don't know when their genitals should touch.

When i was young.. any "nice" gesture was translated to "i want you pp." Then girls learn "okay.. i have to stop being nice to certain guys because they keep harassing me."

Anyways.. if you feel it's a good vibe.. you can up the touching during the date, holding hands or more snuggling type stuff which gives the "hey.. it's okay for you to be closer to me." but if you're at a distance for most of the date, i will think you're still unsure and we can hug it out at the end.

• Ok. Thank you :D

Most Helpful Girl

• Kissing on a first date can feel really good, but at the same time, there’s no going back from the first kiss. It may leave one or both of you wondering if things are going too fast. You may wonder if you actually like the person you dated, or was that kiss an accidental mistake that you come to regret.

You need to remember that many people may not be comfortable with the idea of kissing someone they’ve been with only for a few hours.

Of course, if you’re living in a big city where life is fast paced and people don’t have time to take it slow and easy, you may see that kissing on the first date is more of a norm than an awkward thing to do at the end of the date.

But generally, even if there was a great potential of a perfect romance, that first kiss could complicate things and make you hasty, because you’d want to judge this person as a potential partner even before you get to know them well.

On the other hand, some guys you date could see the first kiss on the first date as a sign of commitment. And they may start behaving like your partner on the very next date, which can make things so darn awkward, especially if they still feel like a stranger to you.

Or it could get worse if they’re expecting another kiss or something more on the second date because you kissed them on the first date.

Good luck.

What Guys Said 7

• Are you interested in them romantically or not? If the date has gone well then yes, a quick kiss (on the lips) is a great way to end the date. You don't have to go any further than that. If you're unsure, you don't *have to* but if it doesn't happen on the second date maybe you aren't meant to be together...

• Personally I don't do a full on kiss on the 1st date, maybe a peck on the cheek or hand, usually wait for the full on stuff till the 2nd or 3rd one.

• I will kiss the girl on the first few dates given the signs of interest.
    Girls, just stop worrying about these minor stuffs, let the guy be a man to initiate!

• If it went well, definitely

• Depends how the date went, if there is a lot of chemistry and we had a great time, then just a peck on the cheek does seem a little bit weird.

• Again, what if the chemistry is only one sided? One of us is feeling it, and the other isn't?

• If you're not a feeling it, then just give them a peck in the cheek or nothing at all. If he isn't feeling it, then he'll probably just say something like "It was fun" and walk away without a kiss.

• Ok thank you :)

• If the mood is right. There's no rule. Look at his lips and if he's looking at yours, game on.

• I always go for a kiss (not on the cheek) at the end of every date, including the first one. The only exception is if I met her online and we're meeting for the first time; then I would wait until the second date. If I go for the kiss and she pushes away or turns her head, she's not interested, so I won't be asking her out again.

What Girls Said 5

• If you both have good chemistry, are comfortable with him, and like him, I do not see any harm in kissing on the first date. It wouldn't be seen as being too easy by any means in my book.

• I haven't been on a date before, but it would depend on how the date went. Like if it was good and we clicked then maybe. It would also depend on the mood and his body language and vibe.

• If its a good date yes. Bad date no.

• If both of you are comfortable enough with each other than go for it.

• Yes I kissed my mam the 1st date