When's a good time to ask a woman for her number?

Okay so this is an extension of my previous question http://www.girlsaskguys.com/dating/q1710285-how-to-break-ground-with-a-really-shy-woman

Anyway she isn't as shy as I expected. She's actually a little more outgoing or maybe it's because we've been talking outside of class a bit. When do you think would be an appropriate time to ask for her number? She's into video games so I was gonna ask her today if she's on steam or psn as an excuse to get her phone number to exchange that info. Unfortunately we both parked at opposite ends of the school so we went separate ways too soon. Would that be a good approach? I'm not used to being interested enough in a woman to get to this step so I'm more flustered than I ever expected myself to be. The vulnerability is incredibly new and real to me. What do you think would be the best way to pop the question?

Help me GAG this woman is freaking awesome which is turning me into a timid freaking teenager again. I think I'm just shocked that she doesn't have any crazy reactions to me. I'm so used to positive reinforcement but she is just so damn cool and laid back.

How would you like to be asked for your number? Advice is required ;p

I got her number!!! It wasn't elegant or balls to the wall but it was successful nevertheless. She was behind on our chemistry lab so I offered to email the graph for it to her and and asked for her number to do that. So far it's only been chemistry talk related to that but we shall see how it goes. Thanks for the help ladies and gents!

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, balls to the walls.

If you like her, don't hesitate. The best way to ask (I use this myself) is simply: "Listen so-and-so, I think you're really awesome and honestly very attractive. I'd really like to get to know you better, would you mind if I grabbed your number?"

I appreciate a dude who is genuine and upfront personally.

• Wow that is ballsy. I hope she appreciates a guy being so forward.

• D'aww. You're sweet.

• Thank you :) you are too

What Girls Said 11

• Ask once she is secured in the back seat of your van.
    The chloroform should have worn off by this time, so she can answer with a clear mind.

• Haha well, when we like someone so much we always end up feeling like a teenager again :D

I think the approach you suggested is a good one, because it has to do with a common interest.

• I would like to just be... asked. I'd probably ask "why" but in that instance, an answer along the lines of "Because I enjoy our talks and would like to get to know you better." would suffice.

Using Steam or PSN as an excuse for her number may not work, because most / all cell phones have notepads on them so she'd probably wonder why you didn't just write her gamertag, etc. down on the notepad. :p

Or I'd wonder that, at least.

• Damn.. I'm not as slick as I thought.. Damn notepad! Always throwing a wrench in my plans!

I guess I just have to be blunt and pop the question instead of trying to be smooth.

• Send her a paper plane in class. Write this on the inside:
    "Do you want to give me your number?
    ◻️ Yes
    ◻️ No"

• Well the video game thing is definitely a good idea. You just gotta go for it. Don't overthink, just do it. I don't have any particular way that I'd like to be asked. Just as long as it isn't awkward lol. Just be cool.

• Definitely use the video game route! It's an extension of something you both enjoy. It'd make for a smooth transition in my book.

Good luck! You got this! :)

• If you know she's into video games that's probably a fine topic to bring up but I couldn't tell you how to dive into the topic because I don't play them much. However, with a voice like yours I bet you could say just about anything and she'd melt. Use that to your advantage.

• haha the voice isn't as powerful a weapon as people here think it is :p

• Thank you very much Girly. I'll have another opportunity next Thursday when we have class together.

• If she's spending time with you, it's a date

• Sometimes just being straight forward and direct can really work. For example you can just say to her I think your a great person and like to get to know you more off of school campus can I have your number?

• Sounds like a good idea. I'm always apprehensive about being wicked straightforward. I usually feel it's better to ease into it.

• I have been through a lot In my life with relationships and I feel at this point I much rather someone who can be assertive and just be open and honest about what they want, no beating around the bush and just be straight up. I hate playing mind games not saying that is what you're doing at all. I'm just saying it is sexy for a women to have a man who has a head on their shoulders and not afraid to go after what they want.

• That makes sense. Thank you.

• There isn't a perfect moment for it. Just ask for it or you gonna regret it lol

• You just gotta do it! There's no perfect time or way.

• Try to think of a way to hang out with her outside of school, then be like, "Hey I was wondering if you'd be interested in hanging out at (wherever)?" if she says yes then "Great could I get your number so I can keep you posted on when/where/what time/the address/etc?"

What Guys Said 14

• My advice, once in interaction with her, keep walking in the same direction even though your class is not there. This way, you can at the very least extend the period of the conversation. If she realizes that you're not going towards right direction and asks for it, just tell her the truth. But don't oversell or undersell it. Just go like "you were going this direction and i didn't wanna split up". This is a clear enough message in my opinion. If this door opens, immediately ask for her number.
    P. S. I'm not good at asking girls out. Heck, i've had only one date with one girl in my life. The method i suggested is not a way to gain her attention, it simply is a way to get an idea if she is already interested or not.

• Before she pepper sprays you and calls the cops.

• Do something for her like, in Cafeteria buy her a coffee, gift her a CD or help with something, and just AFTER you finished doing that thing, come out with "Hey, can I have your number?"
    Now that you have done something for her, she feels obligated to return the favor, so she might give it to you, if she doesn't, try insisting, " Why not? It's just a number.."

• The next time you see her, ask for her number and then ask her for her gaming profile info.

You two already have some rapport so odds are high she's give you her digits! #LowRisk

• Anytime, bro... anytime...

When you are talking to a woman for a few moments... about 5 minutes and the conversation is going well... just tell her that you have to go soon and would like to grab her number.

I do that all the time at clubs and bars. I meet a woman, talk to her for a few moments and ask if she would like to exchange numbers.

• Don't ask for numbers brah. Go up to her ans say " Meet me at Wendy's at 6PM, My treat" Make sure you give her that hard I'm gonna bang you look. Then casually walk away.

• Hmm this doesn't really sound like me lol
      I don't know if I have a wanna bang look haha

• To be honest, the moment I meet a girl and I like her, I ask for it after a few small talk. Works every time for me.

• Lol right away dude, don't be afraid. Just be confident and ask her for her number. The worse she can say is no which I doubt. Look at it this way, if you never ask her for her number you won't never get it. But if you do there's a chance that you do get her number. There are different ways to approach this. if you don't show her that you're interested you're going to be in the friendzone.

• Yes this is what I keep telling myself lol. I'm going to do it this week when we have class.

• Just ask her :) She will either give it to you or she won't :P

• Just give the impression that you think it's quality time with her.

A girl would gladly give her nuber to someone she's having fun with

• You have to be patient grasshopper

• You'd think it'd be the end of the conversation but that's actually the worst time, well, no the worst time is right away buttttt, it's up there, anyway, try to have at least a 10 minute conversation with her about something decent, not too much, like who are you voting for next year but just something easy, like the weather or something, if she's being responsive and showing positive body signals (look it up), ask her just after you've had a laugh or something, do it towards the middle of the conversation. If you do it at the end she'll think she's just some girl that you've gotten the number of and if you do it at the very beginning, she'll think it's creepy

• at 15:00 o'clock would be a good time. you could threaten her , that if she isn't going to give you her phone number, you will drive a truck rigged with explosives into her parents house. i bet she will give you her number then, if not, you know what you have to do.

• Dude, Stop procrastinating.