I'm in love with an older man. Am I normal?

I am 22 and I work with a man who is 55. I think he's so cute and sexy. He is a real gentleman, very intelligent and very funny. He also is in perfect shape physically and very handsome for a man his age. He is still 55. But he bikes about 8 miles each way to work and I've seen him arm wrestle men who are 20. He is 6'3" which I really like (I'm 5'8").

He is divorced with three young children and he is really involved with them, although his ex is a total bitch. She's 45 by the way.

I've had nothing but bad experiences with guys my age, and there have been many. So many are boys, immature, selfish, dumb. I'm not interested in watching football or playing video games.

Have other girls had crushes like this and what's wrong with going for it?

• I'm a normal girl
  • I need to get to a therapist
I'm not talking about marriage, who knows, but maybe a serious relationship.
Why do people say things like that: he could be your grandfather. But he isn't.

A guy my age could be my brother. So why not criticize that?

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't choose to be in love, it just happens. So, don't think you're not normal because this isn't weird, like I said, it just happens. Getting involved with him is a whole different matter though, your age gap is too big. I'm not saying that it won't work, I just mean that you need to think about it clearly, if you hadn't done it already.

Most Helpful Girl

• Meh, okay, personally I don't think it will work out long-run. I could be totally wrong because you sound compatible but 33 years is a huge gap in terms of maturity, outlook, wants, desires, etc.

Plus like you said yourself, when you're even 40 he'll be 73. Younger men I'd assume to be more energetic and wouldn't be as settled down as him. You could easily have a change of heart in the next 5-10 years and want somebody closer to your age, so you can see them grow old with you not before you.

The way you described it, it sounds like your level of compatibility is based on material things (films, trips, money, alcohol) but you didn't say how you emotionally get along. If you're feeling that a split is inevitable in the future then it likely will be.

Good luck.

• yeah I never see this age gap working out in the long run. 10 years max is the limit in my opinion. he is gonna die way before her lol.

What Guys Said 21

• hey you know who else is a real gentleman, very intelligent and very funny? guys closer to your age or slightly higher, +7 give or take.

but you're legal, he is legal. who cares lol.

• "I'm not interested in watching football or playing video games."

So playing video games or watching a sport is immature or dumb but sucking the dick of a guy who could be your dad's age is fine? Ok I'm out.

• I have several friends who've had relationships with men greatly their senior. If you both like each other, there's absolutely nothing wrong with this. Have a good time!

• I'm not going to comment one way or the other about the age difference, but I will tell you one thing: don't say that the wife is a bitch unless you REALLY know her. You don't know what's happened in their past, and that makes ALL the difference.

• What in life is 'normal'?

It is a word that shouldn't exist.

As for your situation, if both of you are happy together- why not?

• Thats hilarious, this one is a far fetched though... I've rarely seen 27 years of a age difference

The mans about to die for peaks sake 😁

• It happened to me too , few months ago i had huge crush on one of coworkers , she is 51 and really attractive
    I dont do anything since she is married

• Whatever floats your boat... But it's not so common

• I think you couldn't be more normal, I know many women who like older men... experience counts I guess and older man also has a higher status then the younger men

• Just remember the older he gets the more he will piss you of, you will understand it when it comes to it

• The heart wants what the heart wants

• You are more immature than the guys you're talking about.

• You are fairly disgusting.

• imagine him trying to mount you in 20 years, you're gonna lose it and wanna fuck a 20 year old bull.

• Aww, mthus isn't love, just infatuation. Still normal though.

• you wanna be a sex toy and a free nurse? this'll blow up in your face.

• As long as he's got Viagra, you could have fun...

• No, you are a Gerentophile: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerontophilia

• daddy issues ;) older men watch watch football too ;)

• Leave him and his money alone!!

• You're certainly not the first. And won't be the last

• Hey, you like who you like. In all honesty, most girls do like older guys. That's why there are so many frustrated younger guys. If he makes you happy, go with it.

What Girls Said 12

• The age gap itself is uncommon in Western countries, but you yourself are normal. You're both consenting adults though at different stages in your life, and you seem to be drawn to normal aspects about him that makes him an attractive mate. Practically speaking, it will have serious challenges both considering his age and that he has kids... especially in the long run you will see the challenges add up. That doesn't mean it couldn't work, but you will have to take your time thinking about where you want to go with this, because practicality is an important pillar to any relationship.

• I like older guys too. My guy is 40. So I totally get it. Just make sure of any work place rules especially if he's a boss or supervisor to you.

• Sounds extremely troublesome to me.

• Does he look like Pierce Brosnan?

• We have the same preference. I like older man too. I notice that since I was a teenager. When I was in high school, the celebrities I like aged above 30. I'm just not attracted to sunny looking younger guys even though they are handsome. I prefer man looking more mature

• you're perfectly normal!! nothing to feel weird about... most women are attracted to older men

• Your normal age is only a # -- but I don't think it would work out in the long run BUT it might but you are young ENJOY this experience and have FUN!!!

• I'm into older men... He sounds sexy as hell lol

• You're a woman and he's a man, it's love and it's completely normal and expected.

• I think we all go through a phase like this.

It willl blow over you're just sexually frustrated

• your not the only girl who fell in love with an older man. remember that

• You can't help who you fall for. I'm 21 and had feelings for a guy that is 51. He is intelligent, super kind to everyone, quiet, but funny. There's something about the way he smiles and laughs that I just love. He's with someone, so I'm totally not going to do anything, but I like him. I do like this 32 year old guy as well, who has similar qualities. I think it's the qualities that attracts me.

If he is single, I say go for it. Why deny yourself a possible happy life with him?

• Am afraid to say, that is seriously NOT a healthy relationship.

Have you considered for one moment that he is actually old enough to be your GRANDFATHER