Girls in a relationship do you want your boyfriend to do things by "showing their love" or is a text good enough (i need some help with my situation)?

I'am really busy and i have not taken out my girlfriend in a long time. She has not said anything but i didn't do any suprises like flowers or anything. We see each other about 2 times a week only because of school.

My questions is... are texts enough? or getting you flowers randomly and taking you out once a month is better, and should i put more effort into this. She has not said anything bad yet but this other girl i talked to said i should care for my girlfriend better. Is this all true?

Most Helpful Girl

• If we're both genuinely busy, I understand and though of course nothing can beat hanging out face to face, a phone call to stay in touch at least every other day would suffice.

Don't listen to other girls who say you don't know how to treat your woman right. I've heard that way too many times, so many of my friends telling me I shouldn't put up with 'such treatment' as if a man is only acceptable if he has nothing going for him, and instead devotes his life to pampering the girl to no end.

• Well we're both in school and have somewhat tight schedules.. Here is a little more open than mine. I do try and hangout with her 1-2 week. It's just i haven't taken her out in more than a month and i'm just trying to find a good day for both of us.

• yeah, pretty much the situation with my boyfriend and myself. I get that he might have more work on his plate than I do, so I try to understand and bare with just being able to see each other 1-2x/week. I find it makes it a lot easier if he does call me, occasionally face-time too, so we don't have to go 5 days without any contact since we generally can only find time on the weekends. Finding one good day at the very least that works for both of your schedules is good too. We always sit down at the beginning of sem and set that aside so you can try that as well.

• thanks i will plan something out :)

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to put more effort into it You can tell her you love her but also need to show it more.

• i'm to find a a time to take her to dinner and give her flowers. We're both busy with school so i have to fit it in a good time with our schedules. Unfortunately when she is free, i'am not

• It will take effort

What Girls Said 2

• You HAVE to pay attn to her!

No matter what we say about not needing flowers, jewelry, chocolate, cards, etc., don't believe us!

Just randomly mail her a greeating card AND actually write a few sentences telling her how imortant she is to you. DON'T just sign your name,

We don't expect flowers, but surprise her with an unplanned bunch of flowers. Have some one deliver them to her at school.

texting her is nice, but not enough.

If you are not taking care of her, some other guy will!

Girls need to feel special and know you do care sbout them.

• lol "No matter what we say about not needing flowers, jewelry, chocolate, cards, etc., don't believe us!"

One day i asked her if she was ok with me not taking her out to dinner (since it's been over a month) and she was like "yeah no worries hun". So does that actually mean "take me out!!!"?

i'm to find a a time to take her to dinner and give her flowers. We're both busy with school so i ahve to fit it in a good time with our schedules. Unfortunately when she is free, i'am not :(

• Dude! I am not laffing at the holding hands thing, but that is one of the most important things to us girls, especially when we are in public! We want the World to know you are our man and you care about us!

Yes, do the flowers thing.

Everything you have said about you not wanting to do is exactly the things your girl needs and wants. So if giving her flowers makes you feel weird, then it is the right thing to do!

Hold her hand in public. Kiss her in public! Put your arm around her waist when you are out walk at the Mall. This is all the things girls crave and it sounds like your girl craves it more than most!

If you want more advice, you can always email me on here...

I am one of those few girls that is often too blunt with her opinions, but after so many guys "hinting" at what they think I want, I just come out and speak my mind! I know, weird for a girl to speak her mind truthfully and not doing it to manipulate a guy!

• She the type to force me to do things lol cause she's know's i'm shy and dont like to be seen as much. But she literally grabs my hand and swings it back and forth lol.

LOL the things you girls crave are a bit to corny for me, but like i said she forces me to do these things lol.

I will do the flower thing forsure

• You should ask your girlfriend if she's fine with how things are at the moment. I personally wouldn't be content with just texts, but your girl may be different. Besides, there are many ways to surprise her even without taking her out. For example, if you have access to her place, you can sneak in and leave cute post-it notes everywhere saying what you like about her and how she makes your life brigther, or invite her over and when she comes, have a movie she wanted to watch for a long time and her favourite food ready.

• One day i asked her if she was ok with me not taking her out to dinner (since it's been over a month) and she was like "yeah no worries hun".

I know she likes Disney movies lol (even though i tease her about it and called her a child lol). Maybe there is one that she really likes. I need to find time which is with both of our schedules. Maybe i can get flowers delivered to her house?

What Guys Said 0