Talking to a shy girl for the first time and getting a date?

I'm in college, a girl is in my class is shy, anxious and very smart. I don't think she has ever had a boyfriend or even a date (facebook stalking) I don't think she has even spoke in class. I have tried to talk with her after class but she always goes to the bathroom for a long time then I don't know. (I can't before because Im on the other side of the school). I don't think I will have much time to talk to her and I've never talked to her before so what I want to know is how do I say I want to get to know you and can we go out to a local resturant on this day if you arn't doing anything. Any tips on how to get her to go out on a date ouce and express my interesest in getting to know her.

What Girls Said 1

• If she is shy and anxious, being so direct might not be too good. Like longjohndan said, she will freak out if you don't let her know you before asking her out, specially if you think she has ever had a boyfriend before. She might say no, just because of that.
    Get to know her by approaching her in class. Ask her phone number, and text her. Shy girls tend to be more open when they write, insted of talking. If she is that smart, she will figure out you are interested.

What Guys Said 1

• Sit next to her in class and start some small talk. If she is shy and you cold approach her she is likely to say no even if she is interested. Give her an opportunity to know you a lot before you ask her out.