Honest answers please. Was I being rude to my girlfriend when the following happened?

So my girlfriend left me a voicemail 20 minutes before she came to my house. I did not get it because i was finishing an online assignment due yesturday at 11:00 PM. She came at 9 PM. i told her to just talk to my mom or something for 40 minutes until i was finished. Well she got mad and said "oh so i came to see your for nothing", then i replied "i didn't tell you to come lol", then since she was at me house she was like "well i'll speak to your mom for a bit then come upstairs.".

Anyways so since i didn't come down like right away my mom got mad at me and came upstairs and told me to get down right away lool. Anyways i did and at the end.. i did not finish the assigment. I was mad and i told her, next time to let me know.

AM I not right in this?

Most Helpful Girl

• Whatever, I don't need to hear this

• reason? did you even read it?

• Well thank you! Maybe you and your girlfriend one day will marry and have your own successful child! I wish you the best as well. It's been wonderful talking to you.. Take care..

• thank you, you too :)

What Girls Said 5

• Well yes and no, you're more right than she is though. She can't just leave a voicemail on your phone, expect you to get it and then show up at your house expecting you to have time for her if you never answered her in the first place. She should've waited for you to give her the OK or not, she can't just assume things like that. You're also a bit wrong because saying to her "I didn't tell you to come" was a bit rude, makes it sound like you're ordering her around (which you probably aren't but sounds like it) instead you should've said "I didn't say it was an OK time to come over".
    Plus it is seen as rude by some people to not spend time with guests while they're at your house and hide in your bedroom doing homework but granted she stopped by unexpectedly so really there's nothing you could've done about those comments they made about that.

• i didn't mean to make it sound rude. Well i mean this was due and worth 5% of my mark which is a big deal. But i mean i'am a bit over it now. Next time i told her if i dont answer it means i'm busy

• Oh good! That actually makes me more relieved for you even though I don't know you, I'm just very sympathetic.

• thanks :)

• I think instead of saying, "i didn't tell you to come lol," you could have said that you needed to finish the assignment.

:)

I don't know who's fault it is.

:p

• well she came to see you but i think you both could've been nicer to each other. obviously you're under stress from your assignment but maybe let her know?

• yeah we sorted it out. I dind't get late marks for it, my prof let said cause i was an house late handing it in, it's ok

• Well, technically no. But I guess a quick text to say "Hey sorry, not tonight. I'm working on an assignment due tomorrow." would have been good. I know sometimes when you are so focused, you don't hear the phone or something, so it's not totally your fault. But if she came over and asked, I would have said "Sorry, I'm really busy, I need to finish this first. We can hang out later when I'm done... tomorrow" or something.

My ex got in a pissy mood a few times because I was working on deadlines and couldn't drop what I was doing for him. I told him I will be done and can spend the weekend with him, but he still got mad. Some people will just get mad if you don't drop what you are doing for them/give them what they want.

• i didn't see her message cause my phone was charging. I'am one of those types. I will make room for anyone but first i have to finish sometimes if its important.

• Right. Personally I would understand that. I wouldn't just go over to my boyfriend's house if he didn't answer my text, either. If he didn't answer, I would think he either was busy or didn't hear it. I would try again in an hour and if still nothing, just not go lol. To me, school is important, so I wouldn't want to interfere with my guy's need to get his work done. I understand that. Like I said, I would just try to catch him later, it's not a big deal. But that's just me.

• yup, we're both ok now so that is good.

• I think she overreacted

• ok thanks for the opinoin

What Guys Said 4

• Sorry, but education comes first.

I would never be rude to either mom or girlfriend but, come end of the day, both of them should know that you need to handle your business first and your studies are very important.

• I would have done the same thing in your possession. Although you can't expect her to see it that way.

• You should have just been honest and told her that you had to do that assignment instead of being a bitch about it.

• i didn't get her voicemail until after

• No you were right. She came over without you knowing and you had an assignment to finish. Maybe you could have said hi to her and invited her to sit in your room with you quietly so you can concentrate on finishing but I wouldn't say you were in the wrong.