What does it mean when a guy calls you beautiful?

I was going somewhere with my for lack of a better term "crush" and I dressed up for it. He looked me up and down slack jawed and told me I looked beautiful. With an emphasis on the word beautiful. I mumbled something like thank you but how should I take that? I might also mention one of his male friends was with us when he said it.

Most Helpful Guy

• It means that he thinks you are beautiful.

Its impossible to tell if he's interested in you based on something like that, but its pretty safe to say that at least he finds you attractive.

What Guys Said 3

• He wants your clothes on his bedroom floor, that's what it means lol

• It means what the word means.

• well there's
      calling someone beautiful because you're being nice
      and calling someone beautiful because you think they're gorgeous

• I didn't hear it myself, so I'll stay with this answer :p

• Take it +ve, he mean it. Beautiful means beautiful only.

• define for me

• First of all bf's sometime can false adore but not the crush. second emphasis on word beautiful means while saying it he felt it that u are beautiful and finally he gave you complement in front of other guy. and finally even i feel u beautiful... Without knowing you.

What Girls Said 2

• it means he thought you were beautiful at that moment
    say "thank you"
    i find that when guys say something, it usually doesn't have a double meaning

• it means he wants his dick in yo pussy.