I asked him out and he said no. Now what?

I asked one of my best guy friends to a dance, hoping that I would start putting some of my feelings on the table for him. I knew he wasn't into dances, and he said he would let me know if he could get off of work. He texted and said that he didn't think he could, and that he was sorry. Should I take this as a bad sign he doesn't feel the same way? I didn't exactly confess to him, but I don't know if I'm ready for that.

Most Helpful Guy

• He turned down your offer to dance with him. That doesn't mean he turned YOU down. Besides, since you say he isn't into dancing, what if he rejected this just to make sure he doesn't embarrass himself in your presence, trying to dance?

What Guys Said 2

• Asking him do do something he doesn't like probably isn't the best way to go about it. Try doing something he likes.

• He is not interested from the look of it but only you can truly know

What Girls Said 1

• I agree with what's been said here, although asking him to something he wasn't too keen on in the first place probably wasn't the best idea, from the sounds of it he was more turning the dance down instead of turning you down. I want to add though that maybe work really did need him that night, and perhaps he had already promised that shift to his management. I wouldn't be disheartened by his response. Try finding out what he's interested in / what you have in common and work from there :)