Is this something I should be worried about?

So I'm pretty self conscious of my looks. Overall the biggest anxiety I have with it is my teeth. It's not like absolutely horrific. I brush my teeth and keep it fairly clean. It's just a bit crowded and I have an overbite also not terrible. That's like the only thing about my feature that creates anxiety talking to women. Although my friends have said they've never really noticed it when taking to me but I don't know if they were just being nice or not. My other physical features isn't bad. I've been told by a girl that I have a nice body. I mean I work out and I am muscular and she has told me that she thinks I'm a handsome looking guy when she first met me. She is a friend so no feelings towards me. She was just stating an observation. Still though. That part is what causes fear. Especially talking to a girl face to face that I'm interested in. Always afraid she's gonna see it and go ewww. I do wanna get braces eventually but I just don't have the financial ability to do it right now.

Most Helpful Girl

• mabye if you post a picture ( even anon) you can get a better idea of how people who don't know you see you. it might not b that acurate, but at least you'll be able to get some constructive critisism...

• I don't like posting pictures on a public site like this. Especially don't want my friends to think I'm posting this kinda stuff.

Most Helpful Guy

• Accept it as who you are. Besides, a few trips to the dentist can get that straighten up. Crowded teeth and an overbite is relatively minor physical flaws. I know a guy who had cancer in his mouth which caused his cheeks to be sucked in and sounds like a mouse when he talks (his teeth aren't straight either). He has no problem getting numbers and hooking up with girls. If you're not ok with it, then how do you expect women to be ok with it?

What Girls Said 1

• I have exactly the same problem... like I could have written this myself. However I don't find it to be a barrier to dating anyone. Unless you're trying to date supermodels. People should like you for who you are.

What Guys Said 0