Do you think a distance relationship is a waste of time and feelings?

Specially at my age (19) and because I have been with my boyfriend just for 5 months and I know is not a super solid relationship.
I really like him but I am not sure what to do and I do not have any experience in long distance relationships.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think so, yeah. If neither of you are planning on moving closer to each other, chances are it won't work out. You need to have a solid plan and dedicate yourself to it. If you feel like you're just floating by in the relationship and you don't see it going anywhere, or you don't have any clear plans for the future, you might as well break up and find someone who lives closer to you.

• If you have nothing to look forward to in the relationship (a more definite date of moving closer) you'll just get bored of not being able to see him as much as you'd like, and you'll find yourself thinking you could do better. Even if he's the sweetest guy on earth, you deserve to be with someone you can actually see regularly, without traveling 945934857 miles every time.

• This is solid advice for sure.

What Guys Said 2

• not in all cases. I dated a girl for about 5 months then she went to study abroad for about 4 months. our relationship was strong enough and we made it through.

I think each relationship is different. if the relationship isn't strong to start it probably won't last

• Yeah had a solid LDR for 4 years... big waste of time and energy.

What Girls Said 3

• Yes, total waste... to make a long distance relationship work... you need to be ready to close the distance in the laps of a year... otherwise it's just a waste of time, effort and feelings... i went through one for almost 2 years & i can tell you that i was emotionally tired afterwards

• Love is not measured by distance , it's measured by having the ability to be together , whatever the cost. Long - distance relationships are very challenging, but they can and do succeed. It all depends on how much time and effort you put into the relationship, and how much you are willing to sacrifice for each other.

Personally, i'd hold onto my heart until i could hold him in my arms.

• No , not all of them are a waste. Mine was though 😊