Problem in cousin crushing?

My problem is i already have a girlfriend
but my cousin told me that she loves me and we kissed
is it ok to have a relationship with your own cousin
here is the relation between me and my cousin
she is my grandma's (from my mothers side) younger brother's daughter
will abnormal children born to us if we had sex

please answer

Most Helpful Girl

• You are fifteen so I wouldn't be thinking about having sex with your cousin let alone having babies with her just yet. Think this through, how old is your cousin, why did she say it, do you "love" her back just because she said she "loves" you or was it real even though you have a girlfriend that you technically cheated on with your cousin. It's legal to marry your second cousin and by what you've described it doesn't seem like this girl is your first cousin so I'd say its okay legally wise.
    However i'd say really think this over.

Most Helpful Guy

• she's a second cousin (shared great-grandparent). it's fine to have a relationship with her.

What Girls Said 5

• Well you already have a girlfriend so... And you could have abnormal children but I read in a magazine that two cousins got married and they only had a miscarriage because her placenta burst and that obviously wasn't the cousins thing that caused it. It's okay but you will have a few problems

• Isn't your grandma's bro's daughter = your mum's cousin? They are the same generation right..

• From what i know, it won't turn out abnormal..

cause the one who bring genetic is from guy side.. your dad, your grandpa..

so basically, you had genetic from your dad and she had from your mom side..

• he needs to stop worrying in general and stop listening to these morons. if you love her be with her and dump your girlfriend end of story, done and simple.

What Guys Said 8

• dude... don't, that's so weird

• First, I reject any physical relationship outside marriage.

Problem is only from medical perspective. The closer cousins you are, the more the chances. The more repetitively it happens in generations going down, the more the chance.

As for all those "ewww" and "that's not possible" and "dude that's your cousin for God's sake"... These are all creations of western/modern culture. There is nothing prohibiting against marrying your cousin. Don't go by the 1000 downvotes you will see on my comment.

• What the fuck? :/

• Yes it's fine, but, only if you move up into the Appalachian Mountains.

• This reads all kinds of wrong. Fuck me sideways, dude... ?

• If you live in the U. S. it's legal in all 50 states to marry your first cousin. I was surprised to find that it's true when I read up on it some time ago. The thing that is wrong is: you have a girlfriend, and in addition society will most likely not understand.