I have a crush on an older guy, advice?

So there's this guy at my high school, I'm a freshman and he's a junior. He's supposed to be a senior, but he failed 7th grade (he was homeschooled and his parents just gave up on teaching him). I've talked to him a couple times. When he talks to other people, I've noticed he only says a word or two in response, but when we talk, he tries to keep the conversation going. He asks me questions and I ask him questions and we just talk. But, I can't tell if he likes me and I don't want to be that freshman who goes after a junior. Homecoming is in a month and a half, I don't want to ask him, but I want to hint that I want him to ask me. I was thinking of saying things like, "are you going with anyone to homecoming or just some friends?" Or, "there's a guy I want to ask, but I don't know if he would say yes.." And kind of make it obvious that it's him. Help?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ask him out.

Don't try to "hint" to get him to ask you out. Just ask him out yourself. Hints will only frustrate yourself, and possibly him as well. Just go for it.

Good luck!

What Guys Said 1

• Guys don't like hints, just ask him out straightforwardly.

What Girls Said 1

• Whatever You do Decide here, dear, don't Procrastinate too long, so you don't Lose out on Having the chance to go with this Big day tha tis only A... month and a half away.
    Being this Guy, that you seem to like who is a bit older, don't let that deter you. it's not a big deal for this Ordeal. Begin your own Beguine of having more convo, maybe exchange cell numbers, and find out More in store, even about the chance for this dance.
    Don't do anything at this point in time until you see how it is going, maybe flowing with Him. You don't want to give yourself a Bad name that you are in a game or anything, so take it one step at a time.
    If you see that nothing may come out of the guy you really like, if you are already friends with the other, then gradually Find out what's up for the Homecoming?
    Good luck. xx