Kissing for the first time?

So I've never been kissed. And I have a boyfriend. He wants to kiss me, and yet I don't know if I'm comfortable with it. This is mainly due to the fact I had wanted to wait to have my first kiss with the guy I knew I was gonna marry. Is this unreasonable? He's basically okay with it, but he says it seems to be a lot to ask from a guy. And yet if he really thought I was worth it, wouldn't he wait? And he wants me to think about it, and maybe reconsider. I'm not sure what to think or say.

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to go at you own place. If you not ready to kiss him then he has to respect that. Yes it is hard not to kiss someone till your wedding day but if he truly loves love he will wait; and not try to push you into something he know you don't want to do. But at the same time you can't be selfish and you have to be open to his needs and desires too. This is just something you guys will have to workout together. I will say a kiss is not the end of the world. I wanted to do the same thing and I dated a girl I thought I was going to marry and we kissed and after two years of dating she broke up with me; and the last thing I think of when I think of her is us kissing because there is so much more then haveing a make out session

Most Helpful Girl

• If he loved you he'd respect you. He knew this from the get go

• And he does, but doesn't see my side is things eye to eye

• Do what you're comfortable not just what he wants

What Guys Said 2

• Yes, it's totally unreasonable. He's right, it is a lot to ask. Where did you even get such an idea? I'm guessing you are about 15. You seem to have learned about relationships from Disney cartoons. Young men don't fall in love with young women at first sight and decide to marry them come what may, and they don't wait a year for a kiss.

• I know I have some pretty high standards, but I'm not forcing him to stay with me. And I'm eighteen and he's 22.

• And I also get it is a lot to ask, but my main reason is to give my husband the privilege of me not having kissed a bunch of other guys.

• You not having been kissed is not that big a deal to most guys. Most of us don't worry about that at all.

• If you're not ready then you're not ready, don't force it when you are ready for it the time will come and it will just happen.

What Girls Said 4

• I understand your point of view on kissing.
    I used to think like this but, when you're dating someone, all you think about is kissing them. That's my case. I just can't be dating someone who doesn't want to kiss me. It's a sort of endearment. First kisses are meaningful, but you can tell that you're not gonna waste it: the guy you're with is respecting that and he's totally worth your first kiss even if (who knows) he's not the one you'll marry. Just relax ;)

• if ur not comfortable with it, dont force urself into it. if he's real serious about u he'll understand.

• end it if he's pressuring you.

• Kiss the guy please. It's a kiss, it's not sex. A kiss doesn't have to be for one person, kissing is just some innocent fun.