3rd date and no kiss but a 4th date?

I went out with a guy I met from the Internet. We went on 3 great dates and he asked me out for a 4th, which is next week. But on the 3rd date there was no kiss. We just hugged and said goodbye. But since then he has been constantly texting me as he did before. He told me that he likes to move slowly in his life and not rush. On the third date we ended up talking on his couch for a bit and nothing! Guys, thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Rejoice, he wants to make sure he has your trust before he goes further.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wish I had some insight for you, because I went through the exact same thing last year. I met this guy online, and we decided to meet up for pizza and a movie (we were talking online for about two months). It wasn't too awkward, he was really sweet an funny. First date, no kiss just a hug but he seemed like he may have wanted to.

Second date I drove up to his city and he showed me around. It was raining, and he was a great gentlemen, I had a great time. No kiss... just a hug at the end. The 3rd and 4th date he asked me to come to his house to play video games and board games. No kiss. I kept licking my lips, touching his arm, and leaning close but he wasn't having it. This never happened to me before, and usually guys kiss me on the first date.

Maybe he just moved really slowly? If he was hurt in the past (the guy I was seeing got divorced a year ago), maybe he's just being cautious. On the 4th date, you can try to make a move and see if he's okay with that.

What Guys Said 1

• He might be too nervous to ask and might want you to make the first move

What Girls Said 1

• I'm a little like that I don't like kissing so soon into meeting someone. Some people find it weird but you have to respect others. Don't take offence to it I did the same with my boyfriend and now that I'm relaxed with him I'm always all over him.