So I'm 17, why have I never had a boyfriend/any interaction with boys?

If I'm 'so pretty' and all of this that people always tell me why is it that I've never had a boyfriend? I've been randomly stopped in the streets and when I'm working and told I look like a model and how stunning I am (not trying to sound stuck up but just telling you for extra info) so it really frustrates me that I've never had a boyfriend and boys don't really seem to talk to me. Yeah I've had guys randomly add me on Facebook and ask for my number on the bus etc. but they're all just pervs not people who could actually be potential bfs. I know so many boys who are boyfriend material who I've been to school with and everything but I've never even gotten to know them beyond acquaintances/just general people I have small talk with. It's really depressing me how all/most of my friends have gone somewhere with a boy or started talking to one and here I am just sitting like a little hermit crab. :( any ideas?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because you're 18 and it's a weird age where you're old enough to want to be an adult but too young to really have a night life. Just wait it will be okay. Around age 19-21 you'll have guys ask you all the time. You'll then wish you could just stay home and not be bothered lol.

Don't worry about it You'll be alright. If you're really worried about it that much go to some functions races/rallies/anything to socialize with. Someone will find you attractive and you'll find them attractive and you will hit it off. For now enjoy being single.

Most Helpful Girl

• I can totally relate!
    Maybe you just haven't met the right guy/had the right opportunity yet.
    You said that guys have asked you for your number but you weren't attracted to them. So, if you really were desperate for a boyfriend, you would have just gone with one of them. A lot of young girls will just go with whoever asks them because they want that experience and don't want to be left out.
    Don't worry too much about it. Just start talking to more guys and your time will come :)

What Guys Said 10

• Don't worry about it your 17 years old. I didn't get my first girlfriend till I was 19 you have plenty of time to date. There is a guy out there that will one day ask you out just give it time. Don't be scared to be the one to approach the guy (yes you may get rejected ) but that's all part of the experience. I asked a girl out that I liked I couldn't tell you how many times and she turned me down every time but one she came to me and said she would like to go on a date and we went out for two years so if you really like a guy at your school then talk to him I will end this with one of my favorite quotes by Wayne Gretzky " you miss 100% of the shots you don't take" so be bold and go talk to a guy you never know he might like you back and is just to scared to talk to you

• It's your fault, for what I can see. I mean, you know those guys, you know they're boyfriend material, so why don't you approach them? Why don't you try to get to know them better and try to see if they like you back?
    You can't sit down waiting for guys to come to you, cause most of the time, the ones that will approach won't be of your liking (like you've already experienced).

Also, if you say that you're so damn attractive, that can be the problem, cause there's this stereotype that attractive women are stuck up, conceited, bitches... whatever you wanna call it, which is stupid, but it's what many believe. Also many guys will think that she won't date someone like him, or that she's already taken.

I'm sorry, but it's all up to you, you gotta be the one approaching the guys. It sounds like a bad or scary idea, but think that if you make the approach you will choose what guy you want to approach, therefore you'll avoid having to talk to guys you don't want to.

• Omg I knew somebody would take it the wrong way. I'm not calling myself 'attractive' I'm just putting what people have said into context. That is all!!

• I just understand what you were getting at last night now. @aledeeurope

• @Girly1710 I'm confused why you're commenting this here? Lmao

• Lol, like a hermit crab?

Anyway, it is probably because boys are intimidated by you. If guys are too afraid to talk to you, you can't just wait for them to work uo the nerve. That will get you nowhere. Make a move! It doesn't matter if you haven't gotten to know the person yet or not. You don't have to wait for the golden oppurtunity. Just ask a guy out on a date straight outta nowhere. If you are so gorgeous then you shouldn't be afraud if rejection right? Then you have nothing to lose.

• lol yeah have you never heard the phrase? But yeah you're right it's just hard as I have no self confidence even though people say I am attractive. It's hard to think it if you're not confident

• Could you at least manage to be an obvious fkirt aroudn the guys you like, without actually coming out and saying anything?

• Yeah I suppose but this sounds bad but I don't really know how to flirt like purposely lol. I feel like I do it naturally sometimes anyway by my tone and stuff but that's not even on purpose, how do you usually tell that a girls interested?

• Any ideas?
    Start talking more with the guys you like and ask them out. That is usually how it goes if you want a relationship with someone.

• Why don't you make some guys day and ask him out yourself if you're so great.

• Not saying I'm 'so great' but it takes a lot of confidence to do that. One thing I don't have

• Then get some confidence by asking a guy out.

• Isn't it kind of your fault for not showing interest in a guy? If you really got to know a guy and showed him that you would want to date then this wouldn't be a problem.

• I don't really know how to show it without looking thirsty/desperate though because that is not a cute look. I don't wanna put him off

• I know omg lol but still randomly talking to him out of the blue can look a bit desperate. I've seen girls do it and it makes me wanna throw up

• I know the feeling but you have to put yourself out there if you really want to find someone to have a relationship with. And you'd be wasting good looks 😉

• You turned down those who showed interest in you and showed nothing for those you have interest for.
    Gee, I don't know what might be the reason.

• It's easier for guys than it is for girls

• The guys that show interest in me want nothing to do with a relationship 100% of a time and the ones I'm interested in are too out of reach

• Where is dat perrty face? Nvr thought gurls are desperate for a boyfriend as much as a guy does ;P

• There's so much that girls think that you'd never know! Haha

• What are aigns that gurls like u wanna be holla at such as clothing and or stylez u wear?

• Socialize more...

• Post a picture of yourself!

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe do what I did and be the one to first ask

• All of my friends have had boyfriends and I haven't and it makes me feel left out all the time. But I'm also the shy girl who is very socially awkward so it makes it extremely hard to even talk to guys.