If you have a crush on someone, but then come to find out that they listen to music you don't like, would that be a deal breaker?

Like I enjoy music by Ed Sheeran for example.. I'm pretty sure this girl hates him.. Sad day 😓 Lol

She likes all of the types of artists that perform at Bonnarroo and Led Zepplin, Rolling Stones, etc.

Would this be a deal breaker or would you give her/him a shot? Just consider if a girl/guy liked different music than you, not my example.

Most Helpful Girl

• As much as I'd like to date myself and agree with me on everything all the time, even I know that would get boring, quickly. Couples often have very different tastes. It's what makes us unique even to each other. Even if she hates what you like, there is a tolerance that comes with dating someone else. You can tolerate someone's music because you know they love it, even though you'd absolutely not be listening if they weren't present. As long as the other person is respectful of your different tastes and you there's, then I wouldn't see it as a deal breaker. We just all like what we like. Deal breakers are more like she hates dogs, and you have 4 of them, or she's confessed for developing a taste for human flesh. Then yeah, break up right away, lol!

What Girls Said 6

• It wouldn't necessarily be a deal breaker for me. That's why I have my own ipod! It might just get hard when you two are going on car trips together. How will you decide what to listen to? Will you have a mix of both?

I would still give them a shot.

• I agree! Plus if a bond starts to grow between the both of us, I personally would kind of force myself to at least enjoy her taste in music a little better

• No, it's not a deal-breaker. I have crushed on guys who had a totally different music taste than mine. Honestly, the fact that they liked that type of music made me dislike that music a little less.

• I mean... we just wouldn't be able to listen to music together. Music isn't a huge part of my life so I wouldn't care.

Also, the only good Ed Sheeran song is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fngvQS_PmQ

• Nah, so as long as I don't have to listen to it frequently.

• no wouldn't be a deal breaker for me perhaps for the other person

• Lol who would judge someone based on the music they listen...

I know I wouldn't

• I'm not judging.. I'm just saying like if you're in the car and she wants to listen to scream-o, I know that would be Unenjoyable. I know that's an extreme example, but that's what I'm trying to get across

• I wasn't saying you're judging. But I get what you're saying. I know it wouldn't make a difference to me

What Guys Said 1

• No way man I'm all about music but i would definitely not let that be an issue especially if you care about her