Guilt from letting him pay on the first date?

The other night I went out with a guy I had met who I feel I had hit it off with. He didn't even call it a date but still paid for me before I had the chance to pay for myself. Why do I feel so guilty about it? Will he let me pay in the future? Did he do that because he is interested in possibly going out with me? I can't help but feel bad especially because I ended up not being too hungry so I had to take home most of my food.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well he invited you so him paying isn't that big of a deal. Plus that's just a common ezpected thing of in todays society. If however you don't like that and want to pay without making it obvious you could pick ask him to hang out somewher that doesn't have food and bring something and surprise him. Maybe like ask him to hang out at apark surprise him with a picnic and bring food

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe he is more tradition where he believes the guy pays or maybe he thought that was the right thing to do. Next time offer to pay for the meal yourself

What Guys Said 2

• Don't feel bad at all about that the guy should pay don't think anything about it he was just trying to be a gentlemen like he should

• He invited you? It's ok then, it was the first time. He actually wanted to pay. Next time, make it clear you want to at least pay your meal even before you go out...

What Girls Said 0