BOYFRIEND IS 1 YEAR 5 MONTHS YOUNGER THAN ME?

IS THIS EVEN AN AGE DIFFERENCE? LOL

In numbers, its like he's two years younger but he is actually 1 year 5 months younger than me. Is this bad?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would have bet 50$ that in 5yrs you're going to post a question saying that no one wants to date you and that you're getting too old but you're anonymous so I can't :/

Most Helpful Girl

• Got the same situation. We've been in the relationship for almost a year and so far we never had a problem concerning this age gap. Perhaps you're a bit bothered by it because the society is just so judgmental (more often than not) and they made us believe the cliché that only men are allowed to date younger opposite sexes. Because of (im) maturity issues? Tbh I used to ponder about it during our first month but as we went and I came to know him better, he proved to me that age doesn't equal one's maturity. Bonus thing is that I look younger than him. And he said he isn't much younger than me at all. But even one's a decade older than her man, who cares? As long as you're both happy and genuinely loving each other, everything else evaporates. He'll be upset if he knows you might be thinking he's a little immature 'cause he's younger. Believe in your man. So care no more 'bout it and just enjoy the love in between. <3

What Guys Said 3

• It's only a big deal if you make it. Also 2 years is not a big deal at all ot shouldn't be. I'll admit i would never date someone with a huge age difference but two years is not my definition of a huge difference

• What's 17 months when you're 20 to 30+? or 50's to 60's?

It may matter in Teen years, maybe even early 20's. But as you get older, 1 year really isn't that much difference.

• Yeah, cause when you were 18, he was 17, making it illegal

What Girls Said 7

• Not at all, dating a younger guy can be a lot of fun! If you're not looking for a long-term relationship, they can give you a great opportunity to enjoy dating without a serious aim in mind.

Some of them can also make wonderful long-term partners, and they can bring fun into your life in a way that older guys may not do.

Good luck.

• You're kidding, right? Why are you even posting this question?

• kidding, why?

• If you're kidding then why even waste your time posting?

• No, you're an adult and he's an adult it doesn't matter

• I personally don't find myself being attracted to younger guys but 1 year 5 months difference is okay.

It's not bad.

It will be bad if you are not okay with it.

• Nah, there isn't anything wrong with it. :)

• no, it's fine. barely a difference.
    i've dated 10 years younger several times and that was fine too.

• My boyfriends a year and three months younger than me.
    no big deal.