Should I tell my boyfriend about my imaginary friends?

So, I'm a bit odd. I'm 19 years old and I still have imaginary friends. I have 4 of them,( sometimes more but they come and go).
I know they're not real, before you ask, and I understand them as extensions of my personality, rather than real people. But imaginary or no, they are still very important to me, because not only are they my lifelong friends, and my creations, but they help me through life. When I'm morally split on an issue, I tend to conjure up one or more of them and we have a little debate to solidify my opinion on something. Or sometimes when I'm bored, they'll show up to make me laugh. When I'm sad, they'll comfort me.
Normally I'm good about keeping my friends a secret, but my boyfriend has started to notice my interactions with them. Yesterday, he found me muttering to Todd, (my imginary friend who is a bit of a butthead), and I told him I was just thinking aloud to myself, (which I was, if you think about it.) But telling my boyfriend that felt like lying.
So, now I can't decide if I want to tell him about my imaginary friends, or if that would be too weird. What should I do?
(Ps, don't just tel me I'm crazy, I know that. Don't tell me to grow up, I won't. I just want to know if it's a good idea to tell him)

Most Helpful Guy

• I would tell him but don't come out and say I have imaginary friends. I would lay it out more like this is how my mind processes my emotions and thoughts. I mean that truly what you are doing. It's your mind trying to process the world around you. So no you are not crazy And you don't need to grow up you are completely fine; and if this guy truly loves you he won't care at all that you are talking to Todd. It is completely understandable what your doing.

What Guys Said 4

• ... I have some too. LOL

• Everyone is crazy you just have to let it out a little at a time. If you don't it will all come out eventually and then you are much more likely to scare the guy off.

• This is like the movie DROP DEAD FRED!!

Do you actually see them? like they they are real people?

To be brutally honest if you tell him about this, im pretty sure he will distance himself from you.. Having imaginary friends is pretty weird thing to hear.. Not trying to be mean but yea just my thoughts

• Define real... you know how when you're thinking to yourself and you can hear your voice in the back of your head? It's kinda like that when they speak, but the voices aren't mine. As for seeing them, no. I more feel their presence, I imagine them standing beside me, and I imagine them taking up space, sitting in chairs, or wherever they are at the time. I more or less have a link with them, like I can feel their emotions, and their emotions make them distinct, I can recognize them by the vibe they give off.
      They are thoughts that I imagine into reality. I can't see them per say, but I know what they look like, sort of like when you read a book and you can imagine the characters in your head.
      Sorry if that doesn't make sense. Describing my imaginary friends is like trying to describe colors, it's not exactly possible, it's just something I experience. I do mix up their voices with real voices sometimes though.

• Yep tell him that you have bunch of imaginary friends... and then you'll know of he truly loves you or not 😶
    Best way isn't it?

What Girls Said 2

• its your choice i had them when i was a kid and really this is how you process things its completely understandable what you'e doing. but really it will come out eventually and if your boyfriend really loves you, he won't care. because everybody processes things differently. remember you're as sane as i am
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...34844a3873.jpg

• I'd say tell him, especially if the imaginary friends aren't going anywhere.