Do you like it when your SO says I'm yours?

Do you like it when your girlfriend says 'I'm yours' or 'I belong to you'?

i know we are all like you don't own me in crap but when I really feel safe and secure with someone I usually say something to this effect.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would love it and understand the meaning behind it even though I would never want her to feel like I possess her.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure why not.

What Guys Said 27

• Yes, i do like that. Not because it turns me on, but because it makes me feel secure in our relationship, and it gives me a lot of reassurance. Better yet, "my heart is yours" i don't why but that sounds even sweeter.

• Well i get i'm yours doesn't really mean that we "own" them
    to me it means they are devoted to you and they want to stay with you, its not like you sign a contract for the ownership of that girl :P

i do like it, and personally would simply respond with something similar (while giving them a kiss and hugging them :p)
    And perhaps make a little joke like : but if i own you, and you own me then who's the boss?

• yeah it's cute to hear once in a while.

• Well?

You done done me and you bet I felt it, I tried to be chill but you're so hot that I melted,

I fell right through the cracks and now I'm tryna get back.

---

If you could see that I'm the one who understands you,

Been here all along so why can't you seeee?

You belong with meee?

You belong with me.

• Yeah, for me and most guys, if not all, it makes us feel secure in the relationship to hear it. It doesn't have to be said always but once in a while is good, because guys do feel insecure even if they would never admit it, and when you say things like that its reassuring, so definitely say it

• if its followed by Jason Mraz's lyrics or Taylor Swifts then hells yeah.

• This...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9F531J4XOw

"This is mine" lmao ^ dope in the sack but everywhere else "I'm all yours baby" Or simply "papi" ;)

• I'd love it actually. But, it may be because i'm a Middle Eastern bigot.

• Nah I don't want a woman to belong to me like a possession. I like that she WANTS to be with me not NEEDS to be with me.

• @Omar5881 just uses my butt for sex.

• I like it when my girlfriend says I am yours to me. It makes me feel privileged to have earned her faith and respect in me.

• Well it takes your relationship to a new level not neccessarily in positive directn

• It's nice in a relationship to hear that, definitely. Always depends on the context though. If its part of a joke I won't pay much heed to it, but if she says it seriously, I feel very happy. Not out of some sense of ownership, but more of security in the relationship.

• Yes I like it, it feels nice hearing that

• Ur mine on the outside but not on the inside '-'

• I like to hear it but can't contain myself, as I mostly pick up my guitar and start singing Jason Mraz hit.

• no cause evently people don't respect things they own after it gets old.

• Meh I don't know I am neutral about it 😕

• you will get to that stage someday, i think :)

• @hookingswan when I hear it I will tell ya 😂

• haha ok

You don't need to tell me :P :)

• a little bit

• I am yours.

• I'm not in a relationship but I would like it (:

• Yup... it gives security...

• I like it until I realize it's just another lie.

• oh yes, it means so much to hear that

• I would love hearing that.

• Another woman doing mimicry in an effort to please

• No.

1) she isn't my property
    2) it's just words -- she doesn't really mean it (divorce rates are clear evidence)
    3) she's actually just satisfying her own emotional needs of the moment, not mine.

What Girls Said 23

• I love when my boyfriend says that! It makes me feel so good! I don't feel like I own him or anything, he's his own person. But it makes me feel good that he wants to only be with me :) I feel loved when he says it.

• I honestly love hearing that. Nothing makes me feel more happier then to know I belong to someone who cares about me. I know it's got nothing to do with like "owning someone" but in a way it's almost like "I'm here for you and I'm not going anywhere" 😪

• Yeah, when something like that isn't over-stated to lose meaning, it can feel really comforting and intimate. Even something along the lines of "don't worry, it's just me," I feel more relaxed and sorta even feel goosebumps lol.

• Usually yes, because they acknowledge that you're the one they want, and have and don't have to worry. Even my friends with benefits says this, we're not going to date because it's just not going to work, however he tells me that he's mine. (not in a cutesy way, in a hot way haha)

• Yes I like it when my boyfriend says that to me. he says, "you're mine" and "I'm all yours". Makes me feel really secure.

• My husband and I both say these things to each other. We are both very corny romantics. We probably make people sick with our mushy gushy lovey words. Lol

• I prefer when he said I'm his. Occasionally I'll refer to him as mine but yeah, I like it when he says I'm 'his chicka/girl' etc.. Makes me feel more secure and looked after by him to boot, like I'm somewhat of a priority for him.

• I'm probably the odd one here, but I don't find it cute at all. I find it territorial and possessive. I had an emotionally abusive ex and he would always say it. Gives me uncomfortable feelings just thinking about it.

• can't help thinking of jason mraz.., now everyones jumping into that amazing waterfall ;p

hmm idfk its a bikt melodramatic but i guess it can be sweet if its genuine.

• yes! yes! I do. I love it when my boyfriend says it and I say it most of the time. I feel like I don't know how to describe really.

• I love it but I like it even more when they say I am theirs

• It doesn't do it for me. My boyfriend says "I'm yours" and it kinda creeps me out. I don't own him. I feel like it is kind of on the needy side of things to say, like he is needing me to validate our relationship.

• It's always nice to hear

• Love it! Gives you that reassurance and sense of security in the relationship. I love when he tells me he'll always be mine. I also love when he tells me I'm all his or just all for him. It's that senssense of be in wanted and desired. It makes you actually feel loved. It's more or less someone giving themself to you entirely and that's amazing to receive

• I like telling a guy that, but not in the mushy sense. I equally enjoy when a guy tells me I'm his... also not in the mushy sense.

• Well I haven't had that said to me before, but I don't think I'd be opposed to it.

• yes

*goes hide in a hole*

• i like that

• Yes and do.
    Yes because I know he could do better if he really wanted to, but he loves me and he's trying to express how much love he has for me.
    No because he isn't my property and actions always speak louder than words.

• Yes I love it

• I never had a boyfriend say that
    And I don't care

• I agree although wouldn't put it in a literal 'I'm yours' representation

• My boyfriend says I'm his kool-aid.. lol

I LOVE it.. its funny and sweet :)