If my boyfriend is upset he wants to be left alone and not talk to me about it , are all guys like this?

Currently he's not here , and when he's not we only talk at night so I was waiting for him to call when he texted he's like I had a huge fight with my dad and Imma go to sleep and the. He starts talking about it. And then he's like I just wana be alone right now talk to u tomorrow.

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people are just like that. Could be for different reasons. Some people just want time alone to sort things out in their head. Maybe he just doesn't want to deal with it at the moment. Maybe he wants to calm down so he doesn't say something in anger. Talking about it can just stir up more anger.

Also, guys tend to internalize things more. They don't need to talk about things as much as girls do. They internalize it and usually it just fades away as if it never happened.

He'll talk about it if / when he's ready. If you bring it up tomorrow, just mention it. If he doesn't respond it's better to just let it drop.

What Guys Said 4

• Well, yes and no. We all go through some times when we have trouble and don't want to talk about it. Doesn't happen every time. Depends on the person. Just give him space and time.

• I'm like that, when something upsets me I want to be alone long enough to sort out my thoughts and re-gain control of my emotions. Mostly I don't want to show or act out my anger on anyone else who I'm not really angry at.

• Not all, but many.

• It's normal

What Girls Said 2

• My ex did that too. I guess guys don't want to talk about confilct, they always find ways to avoid it. But, it's important to talk about conficlt to try to find a solution.

• Men don't like to ruminate like women do. They don't like to talk about things like the conflict he just told you about. Give him his space, he'll come around.