What's going on with this girl?

We've been talking and hanging out for a few weeks. We definitely like each other but she has said some confusing things like "I'm a free spirit", "I don't do hook-ups or the girlfriend thing. I like having no attachments,"... And we've slept together.

Any ideas about what is going on in this girls head?

She is not looking for a fuck buddy. She's had the chance to hook up with me several times but only has once and even told me she doesn't do hook ups.

Most Helpful Girl

• She doesn't want to be tied down.

You know how sometimes guys will sleep with girls but then not want to be in a committed relationship with them? Girls do that too. She is saying that you are a cool and attractive guy and that she enjoys your company. She is also saying that she is to busy with her own life at the moment to try to add you in. As long as you aren't interfering with her life/goals then she will keep you around. As soon as you get in the way though, she's gone.

Second thing it could be is that she has been hurt before and wants someone to try harder to get let in. Still though she doesn't want a guy that is going to be controlling of her. She wants to be her own person and not have to worry about how her decisions in life will affect you.

• I think you hit the nail on the head in the first paragraph

What Girls Said 10

• "I'm a free spirit", "I don't do hook-ups or the girlfriend thing. I like having no attachments," she already told you in plane sight lol she doesn't want a relationship... she just wants sex, plane and simple.

• well she sure has denied me a contradictory amount of times then

• Then she clearly doesn't find you attractive at all... not even enough to have sex with you, a girl can't find every guy attractive just like a guy can't find every girl attractive, the way she is communicating is much like a guy does to be honest so you should of got that one... it's like when you say "I need some space it's me not you", meaning..."i don't want to see you any more... and that it's YOU that is actually the problem and it's YOU i don't want to go out with" :P, she doesn't even want your johnson pal, move on.

• She wants the physical lart of a relationship but not the emotional part. She wants to keep her options open...

• open up to her and get her to open up to you.
    as a "free spirit" we choose to be free and unattached sometimes it's to protect ourselves from pain and other times it's because we live a very complicated lifestyle.

you have to get her to tell you which it is for her by telling her your intentions first.

• She's being as straight forward as they come.

• If you're looking for a serious relationship with this girl? You probably had better let your intentions be known now. To me? She sounds like she's making an excuse for having slept with you already (I'm not judging, that's just how it's coming off) by saying she's a 'free spirit'. But it also reads like she doesn't want to be in a serious monogamous relationship, she just wants to sleep around. Be honest about how you feel and what you want and I'm sure she'll tell you the same.

• she's not as intense as you... I don't know if she's young she wants to just enjoy life commiment free

• Her last couple years of college were hell so she's trying to make the most of her last. I'm 25 and she's 22 and about to graduate. Its crazy how many people find college to be some of the most miserable years of their lives when they on't have to be.

• She is not looking for any kind of relationship? It kinda seems like a "friends with benefits " type of thing.

• Well I'd say the same thing except we've hardly hooked up

• Like I said friends with benefits you hook up with no string attached

• she wants a fuck buddy but secretly wants to fall eventually

• In short, this girl is afraid of commitment. She just wanna make sure everything is sure, with all of the things going on with both of you before going into commitment. Maybe she had a bad experience before that she don't wanna happen again.

• maybe she doesn't want to get attached because she had bad experience with her past relationships, if not that then yea ya just friends with benefits

What Guys Said 3

• bail dude, just bail its not worth it. you like her and you want her to be your girlfriend, i can tell, but this girl has no values. she is a slut, to be honest. she is telling you that she doesn't care about your feelings, and thats its totally acceptable if to f. ck other guys, and you seriously want to take a risk of getting a std from a chick like that? My recent ex girlfriend is like this, i had unprotected sex with her. she wanted to go to a fetish party with me, but not as a couple. no she wanted to be free there, she even said, everything is allowed there , even sleeping with other men. im sorry but for me it isn't, just like letting in drunken buddies of yours at 04;30 in the morning with a 4 yo girl sleeping 1 room next door. we would do couple things but as soon as she wanted to be free, she informed that. you know i come back to you, bla bla bla bullshit of her. she is a slut and it hurts to know that now, but that bitch didn't care about me one bit. and this bitch isn't any different. just bail out bro, take my word for it. stop wasting your time on some skank who ends up on the street sooner or later. party girls make horrible girlfriends ! my ex was 32 and i thought she was a grown up but she was a party slut to. age makes no difference these days, party sluts everywhere. makes me want to become a monk.

• Dude RELAX!!

You're sleeping with her and you're both enjoying the experience!!

When/if she contacts you soon, just organise a date and go with it...

• she wants to fk and nothing more

• pretty sure that's not the case dude