Why does it seem there are far more male late bloomers than female late bloomers in the world of dating and relationships?

Like whenever you hear of a person who is over the age of 25, or even over 30 and never had a relationship before, is a virgin, it's almost always guys, men you hear of, maybe women are just far less vocal about it than men are, but can anyone think of any women who are 25+, or 30+ years of age and never had a relationship before, a virgin?

I feel women are probably less prone than men are to being in a situation like this, is because women are not expected to approach, make the first move and be the initiator, and plus, the man is typically older than the woman while dating.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I can think a woman like that and that woman is me. I've never had a relationship before and I'm virgin, so I guess there are women like that. But, I suppose it does seem like guys are the ones that are late bloomers (at least what I've seen on here).

Most Helpful Guy

• Actually the answer is pretty simple and staring at us in the face everyday

Women feel they have a age limit due to safe pregnancy. Usually women want to be married and have kids by 35 the latest. Where as men can take their sweet time - 40 even 50 and not really have to worry much

• Actually i know a few a women that are in their 30's and are still virgins lol

What Girls Said 1

• probably for what you said, guys are still expected to be the initiators

What Guys Said 6

• Oh gee, maaaaaybe its because men have to do all the work when it comes to initiating a relationship while women just sit there on their lazy asses waiting for guys to talk to them?

• because girl mature faster than boys do.

• Because women are valued for their youth more than men are

• Explains why there's only one female response to this question

• Because male dating success is heavily driven by skill, which increases over time, versus looks (unless a guy is really good looking), which tend to fade for both.

Because there's a massive undersupply relative to demand of women in the 18-25 range in the 'dating market'. 20 year old males are in fierce competition for girls their age, while girls that age have options

• Yeah it's been that way for awhile, I never had a virgin since they never made past 16 with out sex any girl I ever met way back then so in most cases it's the guy who is the late bloomer

• Coz some young girls date older and guys don't tend to do that.