What would you do about a Controlling boyfriend?

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost a year and over this year he has become very controlling (doesn't allow me to curse, smoke, or hang out with any guy friends) How would you react to this type of situation? I love him more than life but I don't know if I should speak up about it because I kinda feel like he is just looking out for me, what do you think?

3

Most Helpful Girl

• I would speak up. Tell him I don't feel like it's place to 'allow' me to do things or not do them. He's a boyfriend, not a parent or anything. I'd tell him he's overstepping the line, that I'd appreciate if he stop. If he didn't do that and oblige, I might think about pulling the cord.

What Girls Said 2

• In regards to smoking he is looking out for your health. Cursing? I guess he just wants you to be more lady like. Hanging with guy friends? Maybe if he got to know them he wouldn't worry so much. Have you asked him why he is so controlling with these three things?

• I'd tell him that he's my boyfriend, not my owner and he doesn't get to control what I do.