How much does neediness in a person you are dating bother you?

Would it turn you off?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm kind of lonely so I'd probably like that.. ("if you are lonely then you will know, when someone needs you, you love them sooooo)

That said though I'm pretty introverted and do need my space so if he needed me with him 24/7 that might make me feel a bit claustrophobic

What Girls Said 7

• Some is okay. I don't mind having to save the day from a bee or driving to get him and pull him out of a snow bank. But if he needs me to validate every minor decision he makes, such as what he'll have for breakfast or whether or not he should stay home from work sick... that's not cool.

• Well, it's insecurity more than anything.

That makes everything difficult.

• Doesn't bother me at all, I actually like it, shows they really like me.

• Too much neediness is definitely a turn off. I like to feel wanted but too much of it makes me anxious and I start to distance myself.

• Being needy is a controlling behavior. It seems cute at first but then you realize what a high maintenance psycho these people can be and you can develop debilitating anxiety by being with them. It happened to me.

• I am needy too. So it would not bother me at all.

• A little bit, I'm an independent person. I do need my own space, but as long as there is a balance, it's fine. Of course if something were to happen, I would be there to support my partner.

What Guys Said 4

• A LOT. It's a major deal breaker. Anyone I'm with has to be a whole and independent person on their own. We should be there to enhance each others' lives, not as a crutch of dependency.

• As much as she needs - discretion is used here, if i know she's an indepedanf women, i know there are ups and downs for how needy you can become

If she's just not independent all, i wouldn't really be attracted to that. I like women with strong aspirations and women in power

• It gets annoying after awhile, but its nice in moderation and is a core of any relationship.

• needy refering to what exactly?