Was your first break up the worst? or a later one?

I was talking with friends and they all seemed to agrre either their first, or first love were by far the hardest break ups. Anything after that was fractionally as difficult, though we aren't really old enough to have had multiple loves really...

What do you think? Was one of your first break ups significantly worse than later ones? Or has it never really gotten any easier for you?

Obviously I know there are plenty of other factors that could play a part, but this just happen to be our topic of conversation.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, the first one was the worst. But not because I was heartbroken, he was a major abusive asshole. The second was a mutual break up.

Most Helpful Guy

• My first relationship kinda spiraled downhill so it was more of a mutual break up. My most recent one on the other hand was her dropping me like a hot potato down a flight of stairs and then stepping on my heart and watching me get trampled by other all the other people going through the stairs... it was pretty bad.

What Girls Said 2

• None of them were particularly hard. Not even the first.

• Definitely later one. The first one was more mutual... we liked each other, but decided friends was best. My later one with my fiance was the worst and still is to this day.

What Guys Said 1

• Later one. I was engaged and it was my longest relationship.