Guys, would you date a girl that wanted to be the provider in the relationship?

• Yeah, I would
  • No, I wouldn't
  • I'm a girl

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I wouldn't, and I'll tell you why: women are never okay with this setup. They may say they are, but they aren't. They may claim that they will be, but they won't. Women always end up feeling used and resentful when they're the primarily breadwinners. I had several women admit to me privately that they would feel embarrassed to be the primary breadwinner, because it would make them feel like they were married to weak and feckless men.

• But if it was geniune would you?

• I still believe that the woman would begin to resent the man after a while, feeling like he wasn't pulling his own weight in the marriage. I think nearly all women are programmed to feel this way, which is why women *always* seek to "marry up."

• i think both should be equal and contribute, both should work (if they want), help out with house work, take turns in taking care of the kids. I think relationships should be partnerships and neither person should dominate the other

What Guys Said 11

• I would agree with SmoMan; she's going to have to make a lot of money. I have a pretty good salary;so, it would be interesting.

• sure I've got nothing against being "kept"

• I'd have no problem with a girl being a provider; however, if it appeared to be a huge deal to her, like an obssevie need, than that might imply some problems she has with control. I say let it flow naturaly if you have money invite him to dinner and if he has money he should do the same. Also if he has a problem with you paying that might reveal a psychological need of his to be a "man"

• It would not last long I dont think she wants to have a full time Mr Mom

• But if she did want that would you date her?

• SUue because Its just a date it does not mean I am going to sign up for MR Mom

• If she makes more than me, I don’t see a problem with it.

• Provider as in the guy stays at home? not going to happen, Men are not made to stay at home and look after the house, it would drive us crazy.

if you mean we both work but the woman earns more. maybe. but that depends on the man, if he is more 'alpha' then no. it would have to be more of a cooperative and 'nice guy'

• i don't believe in this alpha vs beta nonsense, i think relationships should be partnerships tbh, so if a woman wants to work thats great, if a man wants to contribute with house work and cook every now and then, great. And when children do get involved, i think both parents should be taking care of the kids

• ...----> NEXT.

• i would like my partner to be working to and bringing some extra money. two pay checks coming in that helps so much in today's world.

• Yes, but she wouldn't get what she wants lol. I'd be up for 50/50 tho

• honestly i want to be the main breadwinner you know. i would be the provider but if she wanted to work she can but she wouldn't have to

• I'm not sure

What Girls Said 0