Why is my best friend trying to make me jealous?

Hello
I have been best friends with this guy for a year now. We do everything together and I have fallen for him. He invites me to his family events and I spend time with him daily. He has shown many signs of interest such as eye contact, teasing and the occasional hand or shoulder touch plus many more. My friends tell me he is into me but I am not sure. Recently he has started making comments about other girls liking him. When he can see it starts to bother me he will say stuff like "but I am not interested in her". He will even sometimes tell me he was joking. Why is he trying to make me jealous and do you think he likes me more than a friend? Please help.
Sincerely
Confused

Well thank you so much for your response. One more question if you don't mind. What should I do? I want to tell him how I feel but a big part of me keeps saying if he is interested then why hasn't he made a move. If I say something and he doesn't feel the same way then I risk our friendship. Thanks again

What Guys Said 1

• Please believe me, as a man, this guy likes you, mentioning other women is exactly that, trying to make you jealous, there is only one reason he would want to that, to encourage your interest in him, which by the way, unless he is an idiot, he is well aware of.

• Thank you so much for the response. One more question if you don't mind. What shoud I do? I want to tell him how I feel but a big part of me says if he is really into me then why hasn't he made a move. I am scared to tell him how I really feel and risk ruining our friendship. Thanks

What Girls Said 0