Does height matter if you're really strong, fit, and muscular?

I'm not that that tall, only 5'8 in shoes or so, but I'm pretty strong. I've heard women say that they like tall guys because they feel protected, so logically I assume that since I'm really strong, pretty muscular, and fit, that women wouldn't care about my "lack" of height. I'm roughly 180 lbs and 10% bodyfat (not steroid muscular, but still); my bench, squat, and deadlift are roughly 300, 400, and 500 lbs respectively; and, I cycle about 100 miles or so a week (not crazy, but decent).

Seeing as I can protect any woman probably far better than most guys tall, short, or average, would my lack of height matter?

0|0
3|7

Most Helpful Girl

• no it will not. so when do we date? lol

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol I don't even think we live close to each other

• Show All
    • Lol I was just surprised. The world's a big place.

• and so is an easy plan ticket my friend $$ lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it still matters. The "i wanna feel protected" excuse is just that--a bullshit excuse so women can pursue their desires without seeming shallow. Women don't want a tall guy because they make her feel protected--afterall, that wouldn't make sense because height doesn't directly indicate ones ability to protect another in the first place--they want a tall guy simply because they find more attractive aka visually appealing.

But if you don't have it as bad as you think you do--at least not mearly as bad as i have it, so you shouldn't complain.

0|0
    0|0
    • But tall guys don't actually look different than short guys or average height guys; they're just scaled up versions of normal dudes.

• Show All
    • actually not really, a slender built short guy with small bones looks stretched out and not compact, im 5'7 and look pretty damn lanky for my height

• @Eric644 True that.

What Girls Said 2

• As a pretty normal height girl, i would like a taller boyfriend because i don't want to be the big spoon when we are spooning, but short girls don't care i guess

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, but height wouldn't be really that important since I'm stronger than 99% of men, right?

• LOL SHORT GIRLS ABSOLUTELY DO CARE. They are the ones who refuse to date guys shorter than say 6'0.

• Not to me I dated short guys I find them cute and I am small any way so they are always a tiny bit taller than me and tall guys are kl to

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• I suppose this thing about girls preferring 'tall guys' is blown out of proportion. From what I have noticed, most girls are fine with guys who are taller than THEM. So I'm pretty sure most girls who are 5'7" or below wouldn't have a problem with your height.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't want to only date under 5'7 women. I want my pick of all attractive women, whether 5'0 or 6'0.

• Show All
    • Sorry, I have autism and I'm a physics major; sometimes I just way overthink things lol.

• That's alright, we all have our insecurities. Just a few days ago, I used to believe that I'm among the worst looking men on the planet. But there was this sudden 'burst of self esteem', and now I actually feel attractive!

• It's called TALL, dark and Handsome NOT Really strong, dark and handsome. Girls want height because they assume the guy is more apposing and people would less likely want to mess with him and by extensino his lady friend.

i. e. Being tall gives appearance of dominance that girls want. The appearance.

0|0
    0|0
    • But I'm never intimidated by taller men, because, honestly, I know I could destroy them (unless they're Brian or Pudzianowski).

• Doesn't matter to girls. To them taller guy can beat your ass unless proven otherwise. It's kind of like how people automatically assume a big guy with muscle can destroy anyone, until a 160 lb guy who does MMA destroys him on the matt.

• The thing is, I am the bigger guy. I have more lean body mass than most guys 6'3-6'4. Seriously, I was blessed with an enormous frame. I have like 8"+ wrists.

So... I don't know how to go from there.

• Height matter more. Being muscular and short will just give the ilussion of being even shorter. Most girls aren't into really beefy guys, they generally prefer something along the lines of a swimmers physique.

0|0
    0|0
    • Sorry, but swimmers look ridiculous.

• Show All
    • Edit
      Hogan

• @Eric644 I'm not really trying to look like anyone specific. I'm just trying to get as strong as possible.

• Those things definitely mitigate a height deficiency but a taller man with the same attributes will be considered more attractive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Compared to a tall muscular guy you have no chance

0|0
    0|0
    • Then how do I beat him?

• Nah man. Girls are still going to want the tall, big, guys. They like the placebo of protection. Not that you can actually protect them. I know ignorant creatures they are.

0|0
    0|0
    • Uh , are women really that dumb?

• Show All
    • There are a good amount of them on here who like tall guys way more. At least a guy taller than them.

• Yeah, I've never understood that preference.