Does a 'cute' guy have it much harder than a 'hot' guy?

I have often been told that I look 'cute' but no one has told me that I am 'hot' (because I'm probably not hot, anyway). And my dating life is pretty much non-existent, because women apparently aren't 'attracted' to me.

So in general, do 'cute' guys have a much harder time getting dates, compared to 'hot' guys? And girls, would you usually prefer the hot guy over the cute one, assuming both were equally 'qualified' to date you in other ways?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Possibly...
    I see it a cute guy is the equivalent of a very introverted hot girl > neither can get dates. HAHAHAHA

• So the cute guy should just give up? And if a girl is ho, no matter how introverted, she'll get dates because she doesn't have to do the approaching. Unless of course, she keeps rejecting every guy who approaches her.

• Well good for you! On the weight loss and confidence boost. =)

It sounds like ti might be your approach... I guess work on that - make it more effortless and less intense, more casual.
      Yeah, that whole yes husband, not boyfriend doesn't sound logical to me either. o:O

• Thank you. ^.^
      Good luck!

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say yes, a cute guy finds it much harder in this scenario of dating. I also think that a woman would go for a hot guy rather than a cute guy, it's true in most of the cases.

• That means I'm doomed. 😞

• Didn't expect that!. Thanks for the MHO.

• This guy knows his shit. Well deserved MHO! *claps*

What Girls Said 3

• Girls fawn over 'hot' guys but in the long run are more likely to approach 'cute' guys more. There is something scary about dating an incredibly stunning man and worrying every second that he could find someone hotter than you.

• I prefer cute guys!

• I'm not sure. For me, I need to connect mentally... so if one has a better sense of humor and can talk to me and carry a conversation, I would be more inclined to date him. If the hot guy was unapproachable and seemed cold, I would move on. Same if the cute guy was like that.

What Guys Said 4

• I think the hot guy would be more desirable for hookups, while the cut guy is more desirable to them when they want a relationship.

• Girls won't talk to either one, but will likely respond better to the hot one.

• So what is a cure guy supposed to do then? Give up? :(

• No, I didn't say that. They should keep trying

• I've experienced the same

• Now this is something I so not wanted to hear. :(

• I am a professional musician who has helped prepare Broadway Musicals for amateur groups (Sound of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.) There was this cast party, and I had made it plain at the start of rehearsals that I had filed for divorce a few months before, and it would be final during the run of the Musical (kind of as an open-ended hint to anyone who was similarly inclined). There was this girl who kept telling me how cute I was, and so I cornered her during one of the "steam-blowing-off" meetings at a cast-member's house, and asked her if she wanted to "do it" and she said: "No I think of you as a teddy bear, not in sexual terms whatsoever". Another time when working as an arranger for this company, one of the company owners invited me and my girlfriend over to his house to have dinner with his wife (who was known to drink a few too many glasses of wine on occasion) - after she got half-blasted, she came over to me and said: "You're Sho Cute!" hic.

I'd rather be thought of as a rugged bad-ass, to tell you the truth.

Yes it is harder.