How can I get rid of my fear of approaching girls?

How can i lose my fear of going up to girls and not freak them out? I have a speech problem (stuttering) that keeps me from just going up to girls like a normal person would. I think that's what is keeping me from getting girls as well. I'm not good looking, but if I spoke to them well maybe I can attract them with my personality. Any advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• You've got to realize, see first-hand that approaching girls doesn't have to be that intimidating. I once read this great tip that said a good way to get over such fears is to sort of 'start small'. Practice 'approaching' girls you're not really interested in, just approach them on a platonic level. As you get more comfortable with the overall issue of chatting up strangers, you can slowly start moving towards approaching girls you don't know who you happen to see potential in. The more you succeed, the less nervous you'll eventually become. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• ok first of all change your appearance, shave of that mustache, and your hair, try a buzzcut , work on your eyebrows a bit and you look completely different. not as a gay point of view but i agree , now, you look like crap, you look average. you have to stand out, work out, be adventurous. dress casual. you see i use my facial hair in my advantage i try out a lot of different looks, different haircuts, new clothes time to time, and the stuttering, i think it takes even more courage to talk to a girl when you have that problem then some guy who doesn't. just be confident and when you talk to a girl, yes you get rejected often , but somewhere along the line is a girl who won't reject you. and like the girl says down below , she is right if she doesn't respect you for trying, she isn't worth it.

What Girls Said 1

• ok honestly the stuttering is adorable in my opinion, and I think maybe you should practice in front of a mirror. If you hit on a girl and she doesn't like the stuttering or is a bitch then she isn't worth it. you'll find someone who will accept you for the way you talk. You don't need to have tons of charisma or amazing looks. Just be yourself.

What Guys Said 3

• Well, your opinion about yourself is already preventing you from approaching a women. Confidence is the key here man. If you have a few friends that are women, you could ask them to help you out by practicing with them. The only way you're ever going to lose your fear is to confront it. Since you're scared to talk to women, you're probably already thinking in your head that you want their number or want to date them. You could do what I did when I was in the same boat as you are in. You could try approaching women with the thought of talking to them without the intention of hitting on them or flirting with them. Ask them something simple like directions to a place that you don't where it is. Even if you do know where the place is, just play dumb and ask them anyways. You don't have to hold a conversation but this will let you practice approaching them and you'll slowly start to become more comfortable with women

• grow some balls and just do it

• The fear never goes away. It's hardwired into our most primal brain structures.