He said he was looking forward to talking to me, but didn't call. I don't get it.

I'm talking to a guy that I'm interested in getting to know a little better and perhaps start dating. I gave him my number about a week ago, and we've texted since then because he had a really bad cold and had lost his voice. It's that time of year, y'know. Anyhow, the other day I texted him telling that I hoped he was feeling better, and he said he was and asked if could call me that night. I answered that I was going into work, but I would be available the next night to talk, and he responded that he was looking forward to it.

I was under the impression that he would call me, since he asked me if he could call me. So I didn't think that I should have called him. So, the night came ... and went ... no call. Can you say mixed signals?

Now I'm a little confused about what I should do. Should I call him or text him about it? I understand stuff can come up, people get nervous about calling each other and all that, but I hate excuses--I'd rather hear the truth: I'm not that interested, I forgot, etc.

Any insight is appreciated.

What Guys Said 2

• I don't really understand the pit falls of dating as I skipped all of that. My wife and I are high school sweethearts so we kind of skipped all of that. More to the point, it seems guys have this preconceived notion that if they call a girl that they like, that she will find him needy and attached and lose interest. I'm not too sure why that is. If you like him, call him. I'm not too sure though how to proceed from there, is he the type that scares easy? Do you believe he was actually sick for a week and couldn't talk? I mean there are a lot of variables and for some reason people like lying. It seems like you're trying to give him very clear signs that you want to get to know him and he's either playing hard to get or trying to deceive you in some way.

• I don't know about being perceived as clingy and needy, but if you tell someone you're going to call them and you don't, I think that's rude. As for being sick for a week, I do believe that, I had a terrible flu a month ago where I was stuck in bed for about five days and I slept for about three of those days straight. It was a slow process of losing his voice, he said, as that happens; he didn't want to sound terrible when he called me, so he said he'd wait until his voice was back to normal.

• I agree that is rude. Maybe he has a good reason for why he didn't call. So I disagree with my own advice lol.

• He's a clever man who understands women. Either that, or a friend has given him good advice. In short, if you confuse women and act unpredictably, they're more interested in you. If you ring when you say you will etc, they quickly see you as not being a challenge and move on.

If I was that age again, I'd do things just like him, and have more success than I did!

• So what should I do? I don't feel like playing games ...

• The most important point is not to contact him...

• Okay. I was thinking that I shouldn't. Thanks.

What Girls Said 0