Does distance make the heart grow fonder in your opinion?

In your experience do you find that distance makes the heart grow fonder?

Most Helpful Girl

• Most of the time, for me it does. I like my space, and am not a clingy person. I am okay if my partner has his own life with friends, but we do need to spend time together once in a while.

If he hasn't contacted me in a week, I start to worry and will call or text. If he responds saying he's just busy with work and we will have date night later, then I am content with that answer and will look forward to our date night.

If he doesn't respond and it's another week that goes by, I grow detached and want to move on. So it needs to be a balance.

Most Helpful Guy

• I certainly miss my crush when I don't see her, so yeah.

• Interesting, so you don't get the out of sight out of my mind mentality with your crush then?

• Because I don't want her to be out of my mind.

What Girls Said 3

• For me no. The more distance the more feelings fade and I start to realize I can live without the other person there and don't need them to survive.

• Not necessarily, no. However, it could be argued. The reason as to why i said no was because people may tell you that they love you but in reality, they may just be cheating you behind your back. As a result, it would be more difficult for you to find out if they were doing it. Therefore, sending the relationship into decline. On the other hand, if both individuals have the same commitment, feelings and attraction towards one another then i certainly believe that distance makes the heart grow fonder. The fact that you can't see, touch, feel so anything with the other person makes it extremely difficult and you heart craves all of that. Not having something completely will always want you leading more

• Okay, assuming this is in the beginning phase of attraction/crushing?

• Yeah, you could say... or the middle. All of that just came from personal experience with my ex.

• No it does not.

• So if you had a crush and didn't see them that often you wouldn't miss them?

• You miss them but as time goes by I guess you forget. Crushes are nothing they are made up of hormones and act like a drug on the body. If you don't see them you don't get those hormones and ot goes away. Sometimes when you see them again it comes rushing back but others you just look at them and wonder what it was that made you like them in the first place.

The best thing you can do to solve a crush is find someone more sustainable. Once you find someone you are truly compatible with you will forget what you ever saw in that person.

What Guys Said 1

• it can. I think it make you miss those little things we may take for granted about a person when we see them frequently