Could you date a chubby girl?

Yes, I'm chubby. I've already lost weight but I have 20 pounds to go before normal weight. I'm recovering from an eating disorder. I'm trying to slowly get more healthy without it turning into an obsession. I also do workout.
I'm not fat. I'm tall and weight is pretty evenly distributed so people say I hardly look overweight. But I know being fit is more attractive. I've never been on a date. I was wondering if I should lose weight first and then try dating or should I just try now? Is being chubby complete dealbreaker?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hell yeah, who else can share a pizza with you without making you feel self conscious?

What Guys Said 39

• being fit is not more attractive, its what is generally preferred. being awesome is more attractive, and from the way you describe you should be perfectly fine. society really bangs people's heads.

• I can find lots of different body types attractive, so sure. I know it's cliche or whatever, but I don't fall in love with a person's body, and for whatever reason I've never had narrow parameters for attraction.

• Chubby or even overweight girls have never been a problem for me. I have been with many big women and have had many wonderful experiences, and from the way I see things if you are attracted to me and can accept me for the way I am, then I am completely willing to do the same for you. If you are a nice person and nice to me and attracted to me are more important factors to me than what the scale might or might not say. Beauty comes in all shapes, sizes and colors.

• Of course!! Most guys would date a chubby girl. I prefer skinny, but a lovely personality is way more important. To spent a life time with a lady requires a good personality, when looks are way down on the list.

Kudos for going in the right direction with your weight! I just can't see you having any problems!

• No physical feature is an automatic deal breaker (he says but I suppose certain extreme physical impairments might be, but I've not come across them in person yet).

And a little chubbiness isn't even really a negative. People have different prefferences in figure. Some prefer bigger, some smaller, some different shapes in between. Personally I think any figure can work if the lass has the right attitude to carry it. It's your body. It's as sexy and as gorgeous as YOU think it is. A little confidence will do far more for your physical attractiveness than loosing weight, but if loosing weight is how you find that confidence, crack on.

This isn't to say that nervous types can't be attractive... I actually tend to be drawn to introverts... but a little body confidence is never a bad thing.

• Not all a deal breaker. Most guys won't mind. And I say just start dating.

Understand that what men find attractive is being proportional. Weight is less important. If you wanna know more about this Google "waste hip ratio".

As a tip. I hate dieting and I don't believe in them. I believe in living healthy life style, eating healthy and working out. So when you reached your goal keep on living a healthy lifestyle, eating healthy and exercising.

Also never feel you should lose weight. You're fine as you are. And if you wanna lose weight do it because you want to and not because someone or same magazine told you so.

• Try starting to date and as you loose weight and become more sexier, there will be boners all over the place, where-ever and whenever you pass by

• people come in all sizes and shapes and their shape and size is a key factor in making them look unique. So no matter how thin or think you are, unless it causes healtg problems, you're perfectly fine. There are guys like me who have a thing for chubby girls so for me a little chubbiness is good, 'cause we have more of the girl to love😜 and it's upto you when you want to go for dates. Because more than your appearance, your confidence plays a vital role. So if you feel confident in the weight you are, go for it. And no haha, not at all, it's never a deal breaker.

• Sure, I've dated more than one girl like that and I am glad that I did. I used to be uptight about weight but I learned not to be because these girls were very loving and that was good.

• That really depends on how it is distributed and how she is like as a person and whether I find her attractive in the first place.

I've found chubby girls attractive before, it depends on other factors.

• I've dated chubby chicks! And not because I had to - but because I wanted to. I have dated all kinds of women.

• Slightly chubby? Yea why not. Fat? Nope. Some standards to apply.

• I definitely can, I like chubby girls. :)

• Yes, chubbies are dateable.
    No, you're not a deal breaker.

Looks rarely matter,
    Personality makes the person.

Don't be an insecure sweet heart,
    When you can be a loveable tough gal 😊

• As long as she's healthy, carries it well, and weighs less than me, I'm fine with that.

• Are you gonna check her weight before you date her? XD

• Well no, but I weigh like 230 so I doubt I'd ever have to lol

• Yes I would. Don't care much about weight.

• I love chubby girls

• I don't know why women care so much about weight! if someone doesn't like you for who you are there not worth giving them the time of day!

• Depends on the guy. I like women who look a bit soft so yes. Unless she is obese I'd date a chubby girl

• I have before, yes. If you're super cool, and I'm attracted, thats all that matters

• depends how big you're talking, but probably not i guess. it really depends on the girl, though.

• I would date a good kind person who is attractive if she was a little over weight sure.. I would just work it off her in bed ;)

• chubby girls are always a shame because they could be so hot...

• True, I could be really hot. And I will be. Too bad that intelligence is something you are born with and since you seem to lack it, you'll never be popular with women.

• how much ice cream did you drip on your keyboard whilst typing this?

• You have more cum on your keyboard than I have ice cream on mine.

• I would date overweight no problem , personality above looks for women for me , work on that and u will be fine do not worry :)

• post pics without face. fat is generally disaster, chubby is rarely acceptable, mostly if she has cute face, but again, that's rarity. For a woman it's crucial to look normal, otherwise she's forced to date ugly/fat people.

• Yes, actually.

I like it when girls are slightly chubby. It also makes cuddling a lot more comfortable.

• Yes. Wanna date?

• There is this group of guys called "chubby-hunters". I think you have a fairly good shot :D

• No, sorry it just is a big turn off for me as a fit guy. I like girls from skinny to average size, just not chubby or obese

• I have a preference for chubby women.

• More from Guys
    9

What Girls Said 9

• Honestly, your attitude and the fact that you sound hardworking sounds much more attractive than any amount of unattractive a bit of extra weight might make you. We are our own worse critics, and I think men are a lot more forgiving than we may give them credit for. Just keep working on being healthy and at the weight that makes you the most comfortable in your skin :)

• I'd date a chubby guy.

• There are a lot of guys who would date a chubby / chubbier girl. Which is something I have to remind myself of often when I'm feeling crummy about being alone.

And hey, if you can't find someone to date, I can tell you from experience there are a surplus of men who would at least hook up with a chubbier girl.

• I would and I personally prefer chubbier people over really buff people, lots of muscles and very defined abs are kind of gross and a turn off to me. I like when they have a flat tummy or are kind of chubby. All of my exes, male and female were skinny or chubby, none of them were athletic at all haha

• I think there's nothing wrong being chubby when you are ill or you have hormonal imbalance or something like this. I always eat healthy food, fruit and veggies. I work out every day to keep my body healthy. I feel really better now. I am proud of my healthy body. Only disadvantage is that you loose boobs weight. I went from C to B. But it's not bad because I know that guy who loves me, doesn't love me for boobs but for other more important qualities.

• I would. Awesome personality that is what we all need.

• Well, I'm with a chubby guy.

• I have dated chubby guys before. It depends on how they act around and towards me. I think if you are happy and positive, guys would be attracted to that.

• You're fine! Don't worry about it. If anyone does have a problem with it, then he's clearly not worthy to be with you