Would you be okay with your date eating food off of your plate (first date)?

- they don't ask, by the way., they just take it

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that's a bit rude; you should probably communicate that first.

• I agree with this. there are other reasons they have a mouth than shoveling food in.

What Guys Said 20

• As its a first date, I would be tolerant of some misbehavior. If the person I'm on a date with wants to try what I'm having, I have no problem with that provided the date asks first. I probably want to sample what they ordered to.

On the other hand, if my date orders a salad and then on reflection decides she is still hungry and wants half of my steak, we are going to have a problem. (Pro tip: When the waiter comes back, it's ok to order more food.)

Sharing food can be an expression of intimacy, but only if we are actually sharing. Don't make me the victim of theft and then be dissappointed when I react poorly.

• While I will often offer some of my food if they mention something like "oh, that sounds/smells good", having them just take food off my plate without warning is generally not okay. If it was a french fry or something, that would be less of a big deal, as fries are often more "communal", but, otherwise, no.

It's not about the food itself, so much as that it's rude to take someone else's food without asking (and getting permission) first.

• She'd have to ask first, or I wouldn't like it.

scontent.cdninstagram.com/.../...1_412237869_n.jpg

• I was gonna say only if she asked lol

• Hellllllll no

My food!

Also it would br rude (in my opinion ) if they did that

But if they asked then yeah they could :)

• There were some videos I've seen on YouTube which made me realise that eating habits are different around the world. Where westerners prefer to eat from their own plate, Asians tend to share every dish as it is a sign of affection (especially prevalent in Chinese culture).
    As for me, I'd be fine with it as long as I get to have some of her food too. Sharing is caring!

• Depends if it's a first date with a person I've known for a while. Like a female friend I've been interested in. We shared a pizza... and shared each other's food from a plate but it was more "here, try this".
    We made out in the past so..."germs" were a none issue. But a stranger I'd be thinking "dafuq" the entire time

• Yeah sure, no problems whatsoever. I'm cool with random people doing this as well. Food is meant for consumption so consume.

• If they just wanted to taste it, that would be fine. If she started seriously eating food from my plate because she didn't order proper food that wouldn't be ok.

• Absolutely not!

• If she didn't ask first, it wouldn't matter if it's the first date or the first anniversary, that would irritate me.

While not a big issue, it is a bit inconsiderate.

• I'd find it cute and intimate.

• Wow that's some concern about hygiene. I have no concern about eating my date on our first date.

• If they don't ask I'm ending it. Food is important to me and she needs to know the boundaries.

• I would feed with a fork if you allowed me

• Have you been watching Friends?

• If I go to date with a girl, that means that I like her, so yes, she can eat and drink anything of mine.
    Any random girl would get a warning and stern look and a random male would get a whack across his hand.

• I would be a bit shocked but if it was in a fun way and she seemed very clean I would be OK with it.

• If you like my food more then your own it is okay with me

• Yes I would, if she wants some more food she is more than welcome to take some.

What Girls Said 15

• 1. I don't eat much
    2. I won't finish what's on my plate
    3. Be that as it may, NO YOU MAY NOT TOUCH MY FOOD!
    4. You may politely keep your mangy grubby little paws off my plate unless invited

• If they'd asked if they could try it, I'd be okay with it. But them just leaning over and taking it is extremely rude, so I wouldn't be okay with it.

• First date, no. That is too intimate in a strange way. Unless I asked him to try something, his fork should remain on his own plate!

• We were already dating before the first date but when he finished his waffle I very gladly used my finger to get all the icing sugar off his plate. (I'd already done the same to mine) I made sure he was okay with it after the fact.

But I can definitely see myself taking a chip from my dates plate on a first date. I'm a hungry muffin, what if it? Besides. Why hide it if they're planning to date me? They might as well know what they're getting into.

• Sharing is caring. I always share food. If I'm eating a sandwich or something dry I usually walk around with it and I just put the food near to people faces and ask "want some", I don't care if they are not friends, you look at my food you eat with me.

• Depends on if you've known the person for a while and were friends first, or they are sort of a stranger. If it was someone I wasn't that great of friends with or barely knew, I'd probably not be okay with it.

• no! I get mad when people try to take my food!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCukmk6hVjg

• If they asked to try some I'd be cool with that but if they just dig in and help themselves they would definitely get a raised eyebrow and an accusative stare from me

• No. I hate that. At least ask me. And even then, it still bugs me.

• "Joey doesn t share food!"- Friends ^^
    Ok now srsly, if the date is going great and I am really attracted to him, then I actually like that.
    It feels intimate and I d like to taste it from his mouth too. Same with drinks...

• I would find it weird and slightly inappropriate, but it wouldn't bother me.

• hmm , it might be cute but not on first date tho

• No not really.

I don't eat a lot so I'd probably end up asking them if they want some anyways.

Them just taking without asking seems rude to me.

• not okay... It would be okay if he's my boyfriend or someone I already know a long time. but if it's the first time I met him, no. except if I asked him if he wanted to try mine.

• Sure. Don't care