<3 Would You Try a Long Distance Relationship With Someone From Another Country?

On example, like someone you met online? But, you would meet one day. And she / he is not a creep and you actually like talking to her / him. :)
So, would you try it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Nearly 5 years ago, @ShortMuse, a man from Egypt found me on Fb, and we had started a whirlwind romance by chance, getting to know one another better on Skype.
    As the months went on and I felt more comfortable, I then hopped aboard and abroad to that far off magical land of Cairo where I had stayed for 30 days with him and his lovely family. Things went so well That I then, 3 months later, hopped On board again, this time tying the knot at the Ministry of Justice. I remained there for awhile, learning how to be a Muslim's wife, however sharing as well in the strife at times.
    It takes Two special people to Continue this sort of relationship or to Begin one as well. It takes Two to Tango and Two to Tango, and Two to make the effort and take the patience to put a lot of Team work in it, or sadly, it Can go and grow dead like a duck in the water. If only One is making the concerted Effort, there is no chance for this romance.
    I have Not returned to my husband in Egypt in over 3 years now. The Middle East has taken such a bad turn now, and along with our own personal problems that we were enduring, I believe that God didn't want me to go back to that life.
    With all our million Breakups and Makeups and what we have gone through, I don't ever have any regrets. It was an experience for me that was meant for me to go through, but Now, I feel, it is time to not look back, but forge ahead and Just... Move on.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 30

• I actually dated someone for almost a year in a nother country, but we both decided it would be dumb to carry on when I went home from the start. She still had three years of university, and I had student loans bringing me home and keeping me there. So we mutually decided to break up from the start.

i have been home for a month and I can tell you right now that what you describe is pretty silly... no offence. It would only last/ be a filler until one of you met someone in real life, eventually, someone would be very hurt.

We are too young to be putting dating and everything on the back burner for someone you won't see a lot or even meet for a long time!

I think you are much better off without, from personal experience.

• depends what kind of relationship it is. If it was friend/close friends relationship then sure. But love relationship, i don't think i would do it unless i was really serious about the girl. I tried a long distance relationship once, i thought we were just going to be friends or crushers (at least that was our deal)... i ended up breaking her heart big time :s. That's why i decided to never do stuff like that again, unless i make it 100% clear with the girl.

• Someone close nearby? Maybe. Someone on a different continent? Don't think so. I kind of agreed to a thing with a girl from Australia once and I was jut not feeling it afterwards. It's hard to work these things out - especially if you're still at the age when you're studying and don't have that much cash to travel around.

• Yes, if both of us want it. It shouldn't be one sided. It's kind of like a dream for me, because i have met girls that i actually liked over online. I never saw them, but from what we talked about, it felt better than talking to anyone irl.

• depends entirely on the girl.

• Have already tried it yes. Its kinda sad in many ways but country I live in, I never met anyone that has ever crossed my mind even that I wanted to "date". Just so unlikeable a lot of them. But I met a lot of just awesome people online, so yes have happen more than once too.

• Already done that.

• Been there, wanted to so badly, unfortunately she wasn't willing to take that chance.

• No, I need to be physically be with her. Dating over the internet sucks.

• I couldn't do that. I tried it with someone in the same country and it didn't last long.

I need to have the physical contact from another human being to feel loved. It's a hard thing for me to get over to have that kind of relationship.

• im already in a long distance relationship and i love her😍😍 im sure that it will work out when both sides really love eachother

• @MissNowhere care to try? :o

• @elissadido ma baby 👄💋 dont even matter if she a creep but if she is, thats a BIC bonus to our LUV life 💗💖💝💘

• Definitely, especially someone like @WhatTheHellAmy, she just goes with the flow 😍it

• I would, definitely. So far I have met the nicest guys I know online, from countries I have never had anything to do with like Lithuania or Georgia. If I met a girl somewhere somehow online and I love talking to her then that's a clear yes.

• It sounds nice
    But very delusional
    I would try but only if I had plans to visit within 3 months

• I wouldn't

• No. Long distance relationships are a waste of time.

• What would be the point? I wouldn't call it dating until we were actually going to meet.

• Would not mind if she is willing to travel for me, I ofcourse am willing to travel anywhere except some Arab countries LOL

• N O. filler

• Nah. Without the physical connection I couldn't hold a relationship. Just doesn't feel real enough.

• I prefer to meet the real person than try a long distance relationship with someone from another country because many fake accounts on social media Or doing too many editing with their photos...

• I won't exclude that this would happen in the future, it's hard but many people have succeed in it

• No
    -----------

• No. Because that requires capital.

• I would most likely give it a chance and see what happens.

• I did already and was a big mistake.. never doing it again and don't advise it to anyone.

• If we were going to live in the same area within a few months, yes. Otherwise no.

• Nope. That's stupid.

What Girls Said 28

• No.

Long distance relationships are only successful if they were a normal relationship prior to becoming a long distance one.

• I am in one

Have been for 1 year and half now

Can't say it didn't turn out to be wonderful

But i did feel an amazing connection with him since 1st meeting. One I never felt before and that is why I considered such a complicated situation as a long distance relationship.

You also have to be sure that he is willing to make the effort. Long distance relationships take work and it has to be from both sides.

Also be sure you plan on meeting someday. and perhaps it is best that if u meet him, u go accompanied.

If he goes to meet u. Make sure he is willing to invest his own money into it. If you are not finnancialy independent yet, it would be a bad move to use your parents money to help him. Also it will tell u a lot about how serious he is.

Good luck girl

• I actually have a crush on someone I've never met before lol but I was pree certain it wasn't gonna work out anyways.
    Anyways, to answer your question, I would, but only if we actually knew each other in real life but then he had to move, then yeah. Otherwise, no. There's very few people that I could actually like talking to, so that's unlikely gonna happen anyways.

• Umm.. I may try that if I liked the guys and if I felt comfortable to talk to him via messages, Skype, etc... And if I knew for sure that we would meet in person one day :P

• I live in TN my boyfriend lives in Florida and we have been together for 1yr and 10months and took eachothers virginity so I already have

• Im in a long distance relationship now and i love him so much 😍😍😍 long distance relationships can be hard at times, but its sure worth it❤ and its not impossible ( if you were in good conditions and at least one of them could visit the other ) 😌 how about you? 😊

• Yes. Already am in one. For five and a half years so far <3 Hopefully I'll see him in real one day.
    I don't like physical contacts in relationships... well not in the beginning. Most of people insist on physical contact which I'm not into at start. So I really needto create a very strong emotional bong before taking any action :)

• Unless I have actually met him in person, I would never officially date a guy online

• Yes. It would be super cool I think

• Uuuuumm if I really really liked them and it was like 100% guaranteed that they weren't psycho and creepy as hell, then yes.

• Yes I would 😁

• Just in this case: we meet.. Face to face lol then the person needs to leave and I'm very in love with her/him, yeah... I would try.

If I don't know them in real life and if I don't love them. There is no way I'm gonna be loyal lol

• I am in one. Weve been dating for almost a year now but I've met and started talking to him 2 years ago. LDR can be hard at times I must say but it also makes the couple strong. he's planning to visit me next year and Im more than excited. We hope to visit each other for a few days once a year til I graduate college and move to his country. :) honesty, loyalty and respect for the other is very much needed

• No.
    I realize that would never ever work.

• no without being in person with eaach other and no physical connection it would not be real enough for me

• I don't know tbh, I really don't, I've never been put in such a situation... So lets just say maybe.

• No. I'd be friends first, and if we ever meet in person, hopefully we fall in love and go from there.

• no, too much effort

• No I will not. It could be a 4-6 years wait due to complex immigration laws and certain restrictions

• If it's true love, sure.

• No, long distance relationships tend to not work

• I actually did, but, it eneded badly and I wouldn't want to try it again. :(

• Tried it b4 , didn't end very well :P But worth a shot :D

• i dont know.. maybe?

• Recently I met a great guy from England so yes, I would.

• No, a thousand times no.

• I did. We were together for 4 months. Until I met a boyfriend in real life.

• That's how my relationship began. It's really hard sometimes, but it's wor th it if you really love each other.

Just make sure he's the one. Unless if you both live in the EU or something, there's going to be a lot of sacrifices that have to be made. My man moved from the UK to the US so we could be together, and we had to find a job for him. He left his family and friends behind. It's stressful but we are very happy we managed to do it and will be married next year.

Just make sure it will be forever. You don't want one or both of you to give up a lot of their life for something that's going to end eventually.