Im 23 and live at home?

My younger sister moved out at 18 and im 23 and moving out soon, isn't that pathethic? But i wasn't responsible with money and had debts so i decided to stay and save even tho our home situation wasn't all that great?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not pathetic at all. How it's viewed varies depending on culture.
    If you have your priorities straight and have a plan then I see nothing wrong with that.
    Now, if you're making horrible financial choices and live at home cause you're a spoiled brat then yes I see it as pathetic.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not something to be embarrassed about. A lot of people your age or older still live at home for all sorts of reasons. It's really expensive to rent a place if you don't make a lot of money, at least where i live, unless you want room mates. I'd rather live at home than with roommates, personally. The only thing it might cause trouble with is dating, but I think most people would be understanding about it. It isn't pathetic as long as you're trying to move forward in life. If you're just freeloading, then it's more of an issue.

What Guys Said 11

• Well, you just have to keep on trying. Life is not a sprint; it's a marathon. As long as you are going on the right path, then be patient.

• You did the right thing. Not only that, if you could get married and continue to stay at home with your parents, you will be vastly better off financially.

• I'm 27 and live at home. School is expensive having you're own place to stay lol

• I'm 35 and live at home as of last year. Shit happens.

• Well your sister always had her pussy to fall back on... Oh wait, you both female. Nm.

• So? I'm 25

• How about asking a question, just because you have a? At the end doesn't mean anything

• Then learn to manage money. Problem solved.

• it's not a big deal. 23 is still young

• Maybe if you beat me at wrestling and spit in my mouth... I'd let you move in with me :*

• Depends on your situation. I come from an Orthodox Catholic family so seeing cousins with the family isn't odd.

Plus side: Debt free. Nice things.

Downside: Can't bring home any random booty call. Must be married for that.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm 25 and still live at home. Yeah it's pretty pathetic but I can't afford a place by myself and I have nobody to move into somewhere with.

• no it's fine in my opinion

• Here's something to make you feel better: My dad is 45 and he still lives with his parents.