Am I over reacting or is something shaddy up with my boyfriend?

If you had nothing to hide on your phone and your significant other asked to see something on your phone would you let them? Or if your significant other grabbed it and you yanked it out of their hand, is it because you have something to hide? That's what my boyfriend did.. He had this "texting app" so I asked to see what he had it for and he said there was nothing on there he just had it just incase he didn't "pay his bill" and they shut off his texting. So I asked nicely , then let me see that there's "no messages on there" and he yanked it out of my hand.. he has a past of cheating a year ago.. I don't know what to do.. Then he made it seem like I caused all this.. What do I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• It does sound like he has something to hide so you should calmly ask him if he is. No one should be that protective over their phone. The only thing I can think of is if he is planning something for you or a birthday and doesn't want you to see it

What Guys Said 3

• "asked to see something on your phone would you let them?"

That depends on what they're asking. If they just need to use my phone for something like calling someone then sure. If they are "checking up" on me to see if I'm trustworthy then we'd be having a talk about our future right there on the spot. I don't have anything to hide but I'd be very offended if a girlfriend wanted to check my phone to see if I was cheating. It just means there's no trust and if there's no trust then there's no point to the relationship besides sex.

• Phones are so private now it's got everything on there, a lot of personal stuff. Doesn't necessarily mean it's cheating

• I would never let my girlfriend take my phone if I had a girlfriend. I don't want anyone to see my phone. Since he's had a past of cheating I would assume he's cheating. I don't see why you'd want to be with someone who has cheated on you or with someone before you.

What Girls Said 2

• I agree with the other girl and since he has a history of being unfaithful then there might be something going on...

• Its shady!