If you are white and a male and has dated a black woman before please answer?

My boyfriend is white and one thing about him i have noticed is that he is fascinated with my skin. Not so much the color, but he rants about how smooth and soft it is. To white men out there who have dated both women of color and white women is black skin really that different?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not that I have noticed. I dated one black woman and noticed nothing different about the skin. Of course there was difference with the hair.

What Guys Said 7

• I don't think it's that. Either he has some stupid idea that black women have rough skin or you really do have super soft skin and it's just a you thing and not a race thing.

• Never have had a date with a black girl

• I've not dated a black woman before, but I would think your boyfriend would be a little more tactful in his words

• Not really. I don't really care much about that.

• No... I've never noticed any difference.

• You need to stick with black men, traitor.

• We didn't date, but, I liked her, she was trying to get over her abusive ex, and she liked how I was treating her. I don't speak to her to this day. I met her on here

What Girls Said 2

• Hey so i have dated white guys and I didn't have a very good experience... in any of them. This is annoying but you have to remember there culture has a tradition of emotionally, physically, and any kind of other abusing of people who are African descented. Its just there culture. So although we can say racism is over and whatnot the reality of is that unfortunately for us being hyper sexualized, objectified, and mistreated by them is just there culture.

I know you may love your boyfriend, but, if he is making you feel how i think he is making you feel (like an alien) than you need to at least point it out and tell him it's creepy, if you're not going to dump him.
    I'm slightly jaded though, because after dates of guys who really wanted to be in 'rap culture' , seemed normal but told me i couldnt be black and had to mixed (to justify there liking me), saying things like "i never thought a black girl was pretty... \but you are" and making awkward racist remarks because they were attracted to me, being the inquisitive person that I am I just sort of got over it and feel annoyed if white guys try to approach me now.

You should know you shouldn't be subjugated to any type of abuse for being yourself and kind or sweet, its just not fair to yourself.

I personally, run for the hills if a white guy likes me I dont think the majority are worth the headache...

• I don't really see what this question has to do with race at all. Any race could have nice skin that is soft and smooth. I doubt he thinks that it's just because you're black that you do.